DIY Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
help with my own KTM proyect

I am going to build a KTM enduro bike as a test for the Jeep rockcrawler I want to electrify next year. I want to learn more by doing the KTM first and have fun racing it after that.
I need some advice in which motor . batteries and controller to use and what about the extra accesories. Thanks
Eduardo

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Back onto the KTM conversion not by choice but...nothing else to do.
Totally pre occupied with riding, didnt have any time to do the conversion but then broke a collar bone on an enduro ride so have plenty of time now.
The KTM was going to share battery packs with the kart but thats for sale now and 4kWh was a bit too small for the KTM.
Next job after the kart was rebuild a smaller pack for the R1 race bike as I had to pilfer cells out of the 12p R1 pack to make the kart pack.
Initially planned to go 10p for the new R1 pack but then needed to share packs between the R1 and KTM. 10p or 7kWh just wasnt going to fit in the KTM so in a compromise for the R1 I went for an 8p 5.6kWh pack which is perfect for the KTM and will still let me get 3 lap sprint sessions in the R1.
The KTM was going to get twin packs to go either side of the back bone frame spar but now forced to change the frame to a perimeter design to allow the single box to fit down in the frame as per the R1.

Attachments

21 - 27 of 27 Posts