DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Must sell Ansaldo AC motor!!!!!
This motor was part of a donor car that I bought in 2008. My plan was to use it for my conversion, but the controller could not be found so I opted for a DC system.
The only thing I know about the motor is the info on the plate attached to the motor. I do have specs that I downloaded from the Ansaldo web site in 2008. I tried to contact the company in Italy, but had no luck.
The motor is roughly same overall dimension as a Warp 9. It is heavy at around 200lbs. It has a sealed water jacket for cooling. The motor was attached to a Peugot transmission and was used in an experimental car. I have the adapter plate, but it is not really usable. The motor still has the step up plates and clutch spline sleeve attached. I can remove them for shipping.
Specs from the plate read:
30KW 130V 180A 2200RPM
30KW 185V 130A 9000RPM
60KW 140V 350A 2000RPM
60KW 185V 250A 5000RPM

I am asking $1200 for this motor as is, but I will entertain any reasonable offer. This motor needs another home other than my garage.
I would prefer that you could come and pick it up, but I can pack it for freight shipping from my work dock. It will have to travel freight on a pallet. We can figure out the shipping after we cinch the deal.
Please contact me for photos and more info.
Thanks for looking

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would think this motor would be rated like any other motor in the same class. It is a motor designed for electric vehicle drive train. With liquid cooling I would think those could be peak ratings. Of course with a range of 9000 rpms you would have some leeway.
There is a web site I forgot to add
<http://www.ansaldoelectricdrives.com/>
If you can get in contact with someone at Ansaldo I am sure you could get the information you need.
Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes the motor is still sitting there! He is lazy and really needs to be worked out.
I don't have much history on the motor other than how I got it. I purchased a donor car that had been converted to an EV and the guy had this motor from another conversion, but had lost the controller.
I do know the car it was in was a one off test car that did not see many miles. They built a concept car, didn't get the contract and parted out the project.
Send me an email [email protected] and I can get you lots of photos.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Must sell Ansaldo AC motor!!!!!
This motor was part of a donor car that I bought in 2008. My plan was to use it for my conversion, but the controller could not be found so I opted for a DC system.
The only thing I know about the motor is the info on the plate attached to the motor. I do have specs that I downloaded from the Ansaldo web site in 2008. I tried to contact the company in Italy, but had no luck.
The motor is roughly same overall dimension as a Warp 9. It is heavy at around 200lbs. It has a sealed water jacket for cooling. The motor was attached to a Peugot transmission and was used in an experimental car. I have the adapter plate, but it is not really usable. The motor still has the step up plates and clutch spline sleeve attached. I can remove them for shipping.
Specs from the plate read:
30KW 130V 180A 2200RPM
30KW 185V 130A 9000RPM
60KW 140V 350A 2000RPM
60KW 185V 250A 5000RPM

I am asking $1200 for this motor as is, but I will entertain any reasonable offer. This motor needs another home other than my garage.
I would prefer that you could come and pick it up, but I can pack it for freight shipping from my work dock. It will have to travel freight on a pallet. We can figure out the shipping after we cinch the deal.
Please contact me for photos and more info.
Thanks for looking
Hello there. Do you still have this motor available??
I know it may be a long shot, bit we are after one.
Let us know please,
Many thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello there. Do you still have this motor available??
I know it may be a long shot, bit we are after one.
Let us know please,
Many thanks

Hi Donald I don't wish to highjack anybody's post, but it is a very old post, and if you fail to get anywhere, i have recently put up a couple of post's advertising one of these motors, but i put it under (for sale swops) ive done 2 adds, one is over 50kw of new laptop battery's, and the other is the Ansaldo unit. I do have a second motor and controller combination, still in the vehicle, and i can run this up for you, if you are interested, just for reference or to buy. You can contact via site, or via email on [email protected].

1 - 8 of 8 Posts