DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
I wouldn't want to be a part of any club that would have me as a member. :p

Where you located? How far along is your vehicle?

I'm in Lincoln. My E-Diablo has been perennially due to be completed for the last five years.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't want to be a part of any club that would have me as a member. :p

Where you located? How far along is your vehicle?

I'm in Lincoln. My E-Diablo has been perennially due to be completed for the last five years.
I live in Omaha, but I'm in Lincoln quite a bit, I'm just starting my project and have one other person that lives in Lincoln that is also looking at starting a project. I would like to see your E-Diablo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've made a low buck subaru ev in Omaha.
An 83 subaru station wagon using the clutch, flywheel and 4 speed. 400 amp aircraft starter/generator.
This was done as a super low buck quick and dirty project. Junk yard parts wherever possible.
4/0 welding cable and 3/4' copper water pipe cable ends.
1/4" copper bus bar material for the controller.
200 amp 3 pole breaker. Paralled the 3 poles.
A fuel injection throttle body with 0-5K pot on it for the controller.
12 identical light truck 12 v batteries. Had terrific zap. Were probably in fleet service
and had been replaced on a schedule.
12" variac for the charger. For charging, I am connecting the 96 volt armature pack,
the 24 volt shunt field pack and the 12 volt accessory battery all in series for 132 volts.
I smoked the Paul & Sabrina's cheap DIY 144v motor controller that I made with 180 volts, and have since been driving it at 24 volts with a contactor control, strictly on or off. Actually not to bad.
Don't want to join any club, but am always interested in what other people are building.
If you want to talk, evenings, Larry 455-4957

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From you user name i bet we got a lot in common, hey i would love to take a look at your car, "low-buck" is my middle name are you around on the weekends ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts