DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have a converted Geo Metro that has been through lead acid, then NiCad, and now a lithium pack.
The Lithium pack has a major defect that I and the mechanic that installed it dont know how to fix.
can anyone recommend a EV mechanic in the SF bay area?

many thanks

· Registered
2,419 Posts
Hi all. I have a converted Geo Metro that has been through lead acid, then NiCad, and now a lithium pack.
The Lithium pack has a major defect that I and the mechanic that installed it dont know how to fix.
can anyone recommend a EV mechanic in the SF bay area?

many thanks
I convert Metros over in Sacramento. PM me if you need some help. If you can describe your problem and equipment here, there are many people who may be able to help as well.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It has a GBS lithium 100 AH pack with mini bms.
severe self discharge from the very first cycle out of the shop.
Im looking for someone to examine the configuratiion of the pack and test it to find the flaw, then either repair it or give me some guidance on how to do it myself

· Registered
210 Posts
Hi Michael,

First step is to make sure you have a wiring diagram for your setup. If you have that, then it is possible to do a good debugging of the system.

I've only recently moved back to the Bay Area, but I'd be willing to try to help. Where in the Bay Area are you? I'm down in San Martin.

Cheers, Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.