DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am purchasing a 1978 ComutaCar.
The car uses & NEEDS 10 6-volt Golf cart (Flooded deep cycle) batteries.

My purchase has me cash strapped, I do own a line of credit at wallmart.
I have been told & found on numerous online posts that wallmart has great prices on Golf cart batteries.
However when I contact wallmart they are not sure what I'm talking about.
Does any body know the model number for a recommended Golf cart wallmart battery?

I am hoping to spend around $50-$70 a battery on credit...

Does any body have any advice on SPECIFIC batteries via Wallmart, SamsClub & or Costco...

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
When I was looking for floodies Walmart's biggest was a DC27 marine at 105 or 115 AH. They've disconinued warranties for deep cycles though, so I stuck with the others I had seen at Sams. Sams was full of idiots but after 3 months and getting several managers involved I got a set of DC29's (125AH for $75 ea). They also have a number of golf cart options or optimas etc.

My DC29's give me 26 miles at 50% DOD in a VW bug running 120V.

G

·
0 Posts
I do not believe Walmart has what you need. I think the only deep cycle they have is marine deep cycle and you don't want those. If your located near us I have 96 volts worth of 6 volt floodies that are still good for $30 bucks a pop. 2 years old and plenty of poop left. GC2 6volt Flooded Golf Cart Sam Club batteries. Not the top of the line but better than marine floodies.

Pete :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the Info, I truly appreciate it. This is my first Ev.
Where are you located - your used floodies sound like a good deal to get this ride rolling. I'm in North Hollywood CA. 323 253 3309

BTW - one of my first cars was a 67 Bus - Nice EV!

if anyone else has any advice --
I'm still on the hunt, open to suggestions & very green as this is my first EV.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Need 10 decent used 6-volt flooded batteries asap

Need 10 decent used 6-volt flooded deep cycle batteries (Golf cart batteries) in CA. asap
Please call me (Mac) 323 253 33090
Thanks

·
Admin: 'one of many'
4,838 Posts
I have merged your threads to make it easier to keep information and advice together.

You may also want to post an ad in the Classifieds forum in the Marketplace part of the boards.
:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts