DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've spent weeks looking for it and I cant find it. I need a male and a female plug that are this style.

I've already spoken with Molex and its not one of theirs.

I feel like its a TE Connectivity but I cant find it online anywhere.

Could also be Amphenol but I cant find it there either.

If someone can find me these connectors I will Venmo them $50 as a finders fee. If you want to do it out of the kindness of your heart Id appreciate that too. I just need help.

Thanks!

Super Moderator
Context?

Maybe some manufacturer-specific forums would be of help? There's often guys that work on 'em in the shops who could at least point you in the right direction.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Context?

Maybe some manufacturer-specific forums would be of help? There's often guys that work on 'em in the shops who could at least point you in the right direction.
The car is brand new. I鈥檓 sure no one anywhere outside of the Toyota design team has ever seen this part before. It鈥檚 a brand new 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime

Registered
Is it on a 12V system, or is it High Voltage? What is that device they are plugged in to?

It is a Sumitomo connector according to the logo marking identified by coulomb.

It is a 9.5mm tab connector, which they have in black, but the terminal is rotated 90 degrees:

If you are looking to make a jumper or splitter to access the line, then you may have to just get some 9.5 tabs male and female, to make a custom cable. They are very stout and difficult to crimp.

They make an in-line connector with male and female, but the part you have is a wire-to-device connector, likely a custom design for the application. So there won't be a male connector even if you could find a part number for the orange female tab connector.

What is it you wish to do, we want to hear about this application.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it on a 12V system, or is it High Voltage? What is that device they are plugged in to?

It is a 9.5mm tab connector, which they have in black, but the terminal is rotated 90 degrees:

If you are looking to make a jumper or splitter to access the line, then you may have to just get some 9.5 tabs male and female, to make a custom cable. They are very stout and difficult to crimp.

They make an in-line connector with male and female, but the part you have is a wire-to-device connector, likely a custom design for the application. So there won't be a male connector even if you could find a part number for the orange female tab connector.

Can you tell what series it is by any of those numbers? I am looking through all of their models but I havent found it yet.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I just saw that you edited your post with links. THank you! I am going to try to hunt down a place to buy them tonight.

Kenny, you know who I am. Years ago I tried to talk to people about my projects before and was flamed mercilessly. lol Everything has worked and I am doing it again on my new 2021 Prime.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just noticed the AWG size on the pieces you sent. Its smaller than what I have. It says AWG10-8.

The wires there currently are probably 2 awg.

I need really heavy duty 9.5 mm male and female spades that can accept at least 2 awg wire. I can get by without the plastic connector but the spades need to accept a larger wire.

Registered
Once you get on one of those pages there will be some options along the left side or at the bottom of the page, maybe you can root around and find one for the larger wire.

Can you put some calipers on it to verify that it is 9.5mm tab--maybe that is a larger tab if the required currents are higher. Hard to tell the size of stuff in a photo without a reference scale.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Once you get on one of those pages there will be some options along the left side or at the bottom of the page, maybe you can root around and find one for the larger wire.

Can you put some calipers on it to verify that it is 9.5mm tab--maybe that is a larger tab if the required currents are higher. Hard to tell the size of stuff in a photo without a reference scale.
Yup I measured last night to check.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts