DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
I bought 540 for my build. I got them directly from Loraine. Everything totally above board. I had them sent directly to my house by air. The cost (including shipping, taxes and brokerage which Loraine took care of) was less than anything I have seen for sale domestically. I could have saved $2 per cell if I wanted to wait a few months if I had them sent by boat. You can always email her and ask. She usually answers quickly.

· Registered
38 Posts
The 38120P cells are 8Ah. Back on April 9 Mike Willman posted his testing of the P cells. He got up to 60C, but he heated up the cells considerably. Who knows how long they will last with this kind of abuse.
I bought the snap together pack pieces and link plates from Lorraine also. They were about 1/3 the price.

· Registered
38 Posts
The plastic assembly blocks are made to very close tolerances. They are very hard to lock together until you figure out the proper sequence and then they are very easy. The bus bars hold the pack together on alternating sides, so if it was to come apart it would be like a fan(the old paper type. I haven't had any problems so far. If you make rectangular packs you could put straping around the whole thing and I'm sure it wouldn't come apart.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.