DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I need someone how can program a GEVCU (or any other VCU possible) to start and spin a APEV10 chinese Motor.

I really need help as my job is on the line, no need to connect any other device, just throttle, the controller works on CAN 2.0b

I have not bought the GEVCU yet, but seems like the only option so far, as I tried all vcu suppliers outhere but seems like no one can help, and the options sells software instead of actually a working VCU, beside prices are way too expensive.

If you can help, please let me know, I will send you all the info to take a look, so we can talk about gratifications, plus you will help me keep my job =)

·
Registered
63 Posts
I cant believe you never got any reply for your question - I am about to purchase an ALPHA motor - they sell the motor and controller together with all of the real tidy cabling. they sent me a manual that is perhaps a translation from chinese to english so its hard to understand. I am scared to do the deal but the motor will be totally calibrated for the controller and the controller will be equipped with the DC to DC (1200 watt) - the only problem is that I have no idea how to control the speed and if I can't figure that out its a bummer?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant believe you never got any reply for your question - I am about to purchase an ALPHA motor - they sell the motor and controller together with all of the real tidy cabling. they sent me a manual that is perhaps a translation from chinese to english so its hard to understand. I am scared to do the deal but the motor will be totally calibrated for the controller and the controller will be equipped with the DC to DC (1200 watt) - the only problem is that I have no idea how to control the speed and if I can't figure that out its a bummer?
Yes, you need the VCU for throttle, and no, there is no vcu to work with this controller out of the box.

I got the GEVCU and REALLY hope we can make it work.

·
Registered
63 Posts
So you have purchased the controller and the motor from ALPHA?
did you get the nice tidy wire harness.

Did you get the controller with the built in DC to DC?

The motor and the controller with the wires all up is not a bad price and if it all gets going well should be a new alternative to HPEVS and WARP - water cooled
The APEV10 has a good power to weight ratio and if you keep the water cooling system working good I suspect 30KW should be a given.

The help you get from the EVTV GEVCU manual and software looks comprehensive -

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you have purchased the controller and the motor from ALPHA?
did you get the nice tidy wire harness.

Did you get the controller with the built in DC to DC?

The motor and the controller with the wires all up is not a bad price and if it all gets going well should be a new alternative to HPEVS and WARP - water cooled
The APEV10 has a good power to weight ratio and if you keep the water cooling system working good I suspect 30KW should be a given.

The help you get from the EVTV GEVCU manual and software looks comprehensive -
I just got the cables they didn´t came with the motor, this motor is pain in the.... still can´t make it work. this VCU thing is a nightmare

·
Registered
117 Posts
What is the cost of this motor with controller ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
try this outfit - could be a bit pricey so argeu them down they make a VCU and can programme it for your motor
[email protected]

also a chinese outfit http://www.autoho.com/cp_view.asp?id=35501
with a bit of luck they may know your controller and be able to give you a deal

if this works out for you please let us know - as alway with these guys argue the price
Thanks, already tried ecotron they will sell a blank VCU and REAlly expensive software to program it, same evtv problem, will contact autoho thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts