DIY Electric Car Forums banner

need help with a throttle

1652 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  ngrimm
I'm a relative newbie and am stumped.. I have a KDH14650B Kelly controller and the controller seems to work ok (no blinking red light error codes..) but I need a little help.
I'm pretty sure that I have the controller and everything wired right, but when I step on the throttle...nothing happens. I tinkered under the hood and when I lifted one of the throttle leads, the motor went to full throttle. It was on jack stands...no ill effects other than the need to clean out my shorts...I'm using a 2 wire potentiometer...do I need a 3 lead instead?
Kelly sez they don't support the old program on my model of controller, I was thinking I might need to re-configure the programming....any thoughts?

Bill
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
300 Posts
I have never used a Kelly controller but in general if you put a digital voltmeter across the two potentiometer pins that are connected to the controller, you should see the voltage rise and fall as you move the throttle. It think it would be safer to use a test light as a load rather than the motor until you get the throttle figured out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.