DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,091 Posts
... The optimize program
does not set the slip right. (I have a dyno and can do locked rotor with
a scale to set the slip) (the slip is the torque turning force)

Let me know I am still trying to find out what the slip is at on a HPEV
AC-50 that will save ya a bunch of trouble.

I found out what the slip is supposed to be 1.33 AC50

----
Slip is a speed difference. I suppose you could measure it as the speed at which maximum torque is developed with the rotor locked, but that would give an actual speed (in revolutions per minute or whatever), not a difference (slip is always 100% with the shaft not turning). I would expect it to be a fraction (percentage) of shaft speed in a running motor. What are the units of the value "1.33"? Is it 1.33% of shaft speed?

·
Registered
8,091 Posts
really don't give a shit its what the the curtis controller needs to put out maximum torque.
We are not trying to design a new motor we are trying to get his controller set up.
I know what slip is it's the lag in the magnetic field (rotor lag)

LOOK it UP
I suppose for someone who doesn't want to understand anything, this makes sense. It seems like it would have been easier to just answer the question (even just with "I don't know" or "I don't care") than compose this rant, but that's your choice. :)

The Curtis website claims to offer manuals, but only provides the datasheet, which does not answer the question, or list any setup parameters. It's a little difficult to look up. :rolleyes:

In case anyone is interested... according to a post to a thread in Ivan's website, this value is the "slip gain" for an AC-50. It appears to be some response parameter, rather than the optimal slip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.