DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Need Help with Elcon HF-PFC 3kw Charger

1928 Views 20 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  914EV
I purchased a TC/Elcon HF-PFC-3000 Charger some years ago and am finally assembling the electric car conversion. In starting up this charger for initial test and setup, I have connected pins 1 and 3 of the 7 pin connector. There is no measurable voltage on the DC output. Is this normal? I do not have batteries connected to the charger.

Thank you for any help and advice I have read through many if not all of the excellent forum discussions on this charger or it's near cousins but have not seen anything on this topic.

914EV
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
I also have an elcon charger that needed to be reprogrammed, I reached out to Elcon and they had me send the battery information and the charger to them. The charge for me was $5 to reprogram.
If you haven't sent them an email with the alg information and the next few lines on the white sticker from the charger and they should reach out to you.
Bob

· Registered
13 Posts
Hi Bob,
Thanks for responding and sharing your experience. I did reach out to Elcon a few days ago. They quoted reprogramming the charger (going from 105V to 98.4V) at $130 plus return shipping. Shipping from here is about $40 one way. The voltage is for charging a Chevy Volt set of batteries (24 cells, 96V nominal). Now just trading off whether to reprogram or sell this charger and purchase a newer version. Thanks for the encouragement.
Bill
I made the choice to have them reprogram, and the shipping was ~$70 one way. I figure if I change packs in the future I can sell this charge with this pack. The price of a new charger is quite high.
Bob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.