DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Azure Dynamics (Ford) Transit Connect 2012
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a Transit Connect electric and one half of the batterypack wont connect/engage does anyone know soething about this cars anymore? i am suspecting the BMS but no fault code or anything is showing, ESS1 stays in "contactor state" as first picture shows for a while then it disconnects, ESS2 shows "xxxxC400" for just a second then it changes to xxxxC600 and contactor voltage shows up and the car is running on one half..

Thanks Robin
Computer Personal computer Azure Gadget Font
Computer Personal computer Azure Font Electronic device

ect,

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi i have a Transit Connect electric and one half of the batterypack wont connect/engage does anyone know soething about this cars anymore? i am suspecting the BMS but no fault code or anything is showing, ESS1 stays in "contactor state" as first picture shows for a while then it disconnects, ESS2 shows "xxxxC400" for just a second then it changes to xxxxC600 and contactor voltage shows up and the car is running on one half..

Thanks Robin
View attachment 124384 View attachment 124385
ect,
Hi Ron I have same Azure 2011 with like battery problem. I trying about one year to resolve the problem but any success, and about one week ago i locate the damaged board. I don’t know what does it means (2-6) maybe second pack and board number 6, but I know, that all boards is the same.
May i ask why did you need the master BMS, what is the problem?
My advice: first check all cell tensions, if it present. Directly it is possible with TCBEV monitor, then check differences between cells, not more than 0.5V, if more it’s critical.
For example, this screenshot is my problem

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ron I have same Azure 2011 with like battery problem. I trying about one year to resolve the problem but any success, and about one week ago i locate the damaged board. I don’t know what does it means (2-6) maybe second pack and board number 6, but I know, that all boards is the same.
May i ask why did you need the master BMS, what is the problem?
My advice: first check all cell tensions, if it present. Directly it is possible with TCBEV monitor, then check differences between cells, not more than 0.5V, if more it’s critical.
For example, this screenshot is my problem
Hi!

I have checked all 384 bolts :) also checked all 6 contactors, both precharge resistors and a some other parts too... all 192 cells are between 3.785 and 3.791, there are no internal fault codes in the two BMS so it always tries to connect but fails and stays disconnecteded after a while only connecting pack 2....

i have 2 Spare BMS one "A" and one "B" module, and one complete extra battery pack, also i got an empty battery pack with som bms slaves and other stuff...

When i try the other two BMS modules in the car no half wants to connect and it throws some other fault codes and that is making me suspect that the BMS modiles i have ar all broken exept one "B" module....

Motor vehicle Orange Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive design

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood Bumper Gas

Blue Cuisine Jewellery Rectangle Fashion accessory

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi!

I have checked all 384 bolts :) also checked all 6 contactors, both precharge resistors and a some other parts too... all 192 cells are between 3.785 and 3.791, there are no internal fault codes in the two BMS so it always tries to connect but fails and stays disconnecteded after a while only connecting pack 2....

i have 2 Spare BMS one "A" and one "B" module, and one complete extra battery pack, also i got an empty battery pack with som bms slaves and other stuff...

When i try the other two BMS modules in the car no half wants to connect and it throws some other fault codes and that is making me suspect that the BMS modiles i have ar all broken exept one "B" module....

View attachment 124733
View attachment 124732
View attachment 124731
Hi so, start from the very beginning: we have two independent battery packs in hv battery. Each pack contains one master and 8 slave BMS and 96 battery cells (let’s say driver side is pack A and passenger side is pack B). As I understood you have the problem with pack B, same as mine.
Ok, mine experience:
1. All cells is good and tensions is normal, without dig differences ( not more 0.2V, more than 0.5v - battery faulty)
2. I changed master BMS from pack A to pack B - problem still active (so, master BMS is the same and good)
3. I changed slave BMS to each other and problem is floating only around one concrete slave BMS.
So, we can say that all BMS is interchangeable.
TSBEV can measure the tension of each cell and report it in this windows (look the screens) and generate the trouble code.
But you have no any codes, how it may be possible? May be wrench or turtle on dashboard?

World Font Tree Wood Commemorative plaque
Font Material property Wood Electric blue Rectangle
Azure Wood World Font Rectangle
Font Electronic device Screenshot Multimedia Parallel
Azure Rectangle Font Parallel Technology
Computer Personal computer Font Gadget Laptop
Computer Personal computer Font Gadget Rectangle
Rectangle Font Parallel Technology Display device

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi so, start from the very beginning: we have two independent battery packs in hv battery. Each pack contains one master and 8 slave BMS and 96 battery cells (let’s say driver side is pack A and passenger side is pack B). As I understood you have the problem with pack B, same as mine.
Ok, mine experience:
1. All cells is good and tensions is normal, without dig differences ( not more 0.2V, more than 0.5v - battery faulty)
2. I changed master BMS from pack A to pack B - problem still active (so, master BMS is the same and good)
3. I changed slave BMS to each other and problem is floating only around one concrete slave BMS.
So, we can say that all BMS is interchangeable.
TSBEV can measure the tension of each cell and report it in this windows (look the screens) and generate the trouble code.
But you have no any codes, how it may be possible? May be wrench or turtle on dashboard?

View attachment 124748 View attachment 124749 View attachment 124750 View attachment 124751 View attachment 124752 View attachment 124753 View attachment 124756 View attachment 124755
Hi,

Yes i am fully aware how the two packs are built up :)

The problem i have is with pattery pack "A" driver side (lhd) every time i start the car it tries to connect both battery pack then pack A fails (with no error code in ess) and only pack B connects, leaving only one fault code in VCU telling me there is a problem i battery pack A... but ther is no fault codes in that BMS .... all readings and values are great in both packs... but i am thinking that when it tries to connect pack A it fails "to see the voltage" and stop the contactors .... that is why i think the main BMS A is broken... i am planning to build some extension cables so i can have the pack at the side of the car and is a little bit more easy to work with at the same time i am testing different stuff....

After pack A fails to engage the wrench and turtle shows up in the dash, VCU says "p0a1f" but thats all... no error codes in ess1 or ess2

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you TCBEV diagnostic program? you have many slave BMS boards, but where is master( big metal box) eee.., I need one slave:D:D:D
Hi

I have two spare (broken) master BMS and about 25 spare slave bms-board... and yes i have the software running to :) where are you located?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am from Georgia, Tbilisi
You post the screenshots, where we can see information from ESS:pack 1 and pack 2. I don't know exactly what does it means, but on left side of the screen must be information about each cell, tension. And if you can see pack1 and pack2 , i thinck, that master BMS is good, and may be you have older version of program

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am from Georgia, Tbilisi
You post the screenshots, where we can see information from ESS:pack 1 and pack 2. I don't know exactly what does it means, but on left side of the screen must be information about each cell, tension. And if you can see pack1 and pack2 , i thinck, that master BMS is good, and may be you have older version of program
I can se all the battery tensions fine on both pack :)

i i dont know how much it costs to sent a package to Georgia do you want me to check?? i have not tested the slave BMS cards that i have....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don’t know how much to Georgia, but 1kg. parcel on Sweden posten is about 325 sek
It looks like it will cost about 300sek to sen a package to georgia, i ca fix that if you want to buy one... i also might be able to test some slave bms-modules in about 1-2 weeks or so, i have just built some extension cabels so i can have the battery connected to the side of the car 😁⚡⚡

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi,
Very interesting log. Really, I am not expert, but I think, it is possible to say something.
Master BMSs, A and B, is working properly (they could read all information about battery).
Incomprehensible situation with temperature: ESS Coolant Temperature 5 °C., pack1 Hybrid Battery Temperature Sensor 0 – 6.889999 (DegC), pack2 Hybrid Battery Temperature Sensor 0 – 14.68999 (DegC).All packs is in one box and cooling with the same coolant. Why is it so different, maybe the cooling ring is clogged and BMS blocking pack? Need to check.
Leakage Resistance (Overall)- 192200 (Ohm), Leakage Resistance (Contactors Open)-1225800 (Ohm) for pack1 and Leakage Resistance (Overall)-338200 (Ohm), Leakage Resistance (Contactors Open)-598600 (Ohm) for pack2: small value, must be more than 1Mom and upper. Need to check HV cable and all connection. Will be good to try to change HV relays from pack1 and pack2 to each other, maybe contacts is damaged. Are there any signs of rust?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts