DIY Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Azure Dynamics (Ford) Transit Connect 2012
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hi,
Very interesting log. Really, I am not expert, but I think, it is possible to say something.
Master BMSs, A and B, is working properly (they could read all information about battery).
Incomprehensible situation with temperature: ESS Coolant Temperature 5 °C., pack1 Hybrid Battery Temperature Sensor 0 – 6.889999 (DegC), pack2 Hybrid Battery Temperature Sensor 0 – 14.68999 (DegC).All packs is in one box and cooling with the same coolant. Why is it so different, maybe the cooling ring is clogged and BMS blocking pack? Need to check.
Leakage Resistance (Overall)- 192200 (Ohm), Leakage Resistance (Contactors Open)-1225800 (Ohm) for pack1 and Leakage Resistance (Overall)-338200 (Ohm), Leakage Resistance (Contactors Open)-598600 (Ohm) for pack2: small value, must be more than 1Mom and upper. Need to check HV cable and all connection. Will be good to try to change HV relays from pack1 and pack2 to each other, maybe contacts is damaged. Are there any signs of rust?
Contactors are the next thing i will test.... about the temperature is because i have had pack 2 fully charged and drove it down to the same level as pack 1... and the cooling system doesent run at all in this low temperatures.. thats why there is a difference. It was 5°c before i drove about 25km :) no signs of rust at all... and about the resistance🤔 pack 2 is the working pack, pack 1 with the higher value is the non working pack, the only difference i can se is contactor negative/positive voltage is always 0v on pack 1 and a sum of total ~320v on pack 2.... on yours log it is 0v on both sides??

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes, In mine log Contactor Voltage Positive, Contactor Voltage Negative both packs are 0 because the ignition key is in 2 position and not in 3(III (Start) — connects the high voltage system and readies the vehicle for operation).This tension appears, when contactor is closed (I think). But, I don’t understand, how they calculate Contactor Voltage Total,355,75, if Contactor Voltage Negative,169,85+Contactor Voltage Positive,137,85=307.7V? I think, the Leakage Resistance (Overall),192200 on pack1 is too small, it must be grater min. 1Mom (1.6Mom in mine log)
So, this is a HV scheme, if you have not.

Attachments

21 - 24 of 24 Posts