DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Need help with Ford-Azure Transit Connect battery diagnosis

9531 Views 96 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Ron_84
Hi i have a Transit Connect electric and one half of the batterypack wont connect/engage does anyone know soething about this cars anymore? i am suspecting the BMS but no fault code or anything is showing, ESS1 stays in "contactor state" as first picture shows for a while then it disconnects, ESS2 shows "xxxxC400" for just a second then it changes to xxxxC600 and contactor voltage shows up and the car is running on one half..

Thanks Robin
Computer Personal computer Azure Gadget Font
Computer Personal computer Azure Font Electronic device

ect,
41 - 60 of 97 Posts

· Registered
101 Posts
Hello everyone,
Ron, very bad news, tried to flash the battery pack yesterday, so "A" is bricked, but "B" flashed OK, but when I checked the version number "B" pack in the TCBEV tool, it shows the old version number.(?)
Now the car is fully dead, "A" pack not responding, "B" pack still with the same problem.
Ok, i can agree with bricked pack "A", "B" is flashing well, but really don’t change soft version, what the happening?
Ron, where you found the soft you used, maybe it’s for European cars?
Danny71, did you try to flash your car, is it North American version?
What do we know about password for unlocking bricked modules?
Any ideas?
Thanks

· Registered
Ford transit connect Azure Dynamics
16 Posts
Bonjour à tous,
Ron, très mauvaise nouvelle, a essayé de flasher la batterie hier, donc "A" est bloqué, mais "B" a clignoté OK, mais quand j'ai vérifié le pack numéro de version "B" dans l'outil TCBEV, il affiche l'ancien numéro de version .(?)
Maintenant, la voiture est complètement morte, le pack "A" ne répond pas, le pack "B" a toujours le même problème.
Ok, je peux être d'accord avec le pack "A", "B" clignote bien, mais vraiment ne changez pas la version logicielle, que se passe-t-il ?
Ron, où as-tu trouvé le soft que tu as utilisé, c'est peut-être pour les voitures européennes ?
Danny71, as-tu essayé de flasher ta voiture, est-ce la version nord-américaine ?
Que savons-nous du mot de passe pour déverrouiller les modules en brique ?
Des idées?
Merci
[/CITATION]

· Registered
16 Posts
Hi iura, Pour le moment je peut rien faire, il y a deux cellules anormalement basses maintenant et je n'ai pas encore touché au camion. C'est sous la neige et j'attends le beau temps pour sortir la batterie.
Oui le camion a la version north américaine
le seul mot de passe que je connaisse est

· Registered
16 Posts
Hi iura, Pour le moment je peut rien faire, il y a deux cellules anormalement basses maintenant et je n'ai pas encore touché au camion. C'est sous la neige et j'attends le beau temps pour sortir la batterie.
Oui le camion a la version north américaine
le seul mot de passe que je connaisse est BlueSkies

· Registered
Azure Dynamics Ford Transit Connect
8 Posts
Ron, where you found the soft you used, maybe it’s for European cars?
Iura, FYI: I have BMS software version 14,20,6 on my European version car. I would be surprised if there are any differences within the battery box between the European and US versions. However, I do not know.

· Registered
101 Posts
Hi all,
Gnist, I agree with you, but... my version is TLC01420060B-01062012000 and if we look in Binaris folder of ECU Flash Tool installation on disc C:, we can see, that this file is not present. The last file is TLC01420060_PackB_100406200.The first part of file name is the same, but another part is difference. Interesting is, that Flash Tool flashing pack B, and telling Ok, but version number of pack “B” in TCBEV is still old. Can you share the full name of your version?
Something wrong, and I dont know what.:confused::confused::confused:
I tried to flash VCU, but programm bringing error message and stop working!? Have anybody any experience?
Thanks
P.S - Allows user to unlock BECM's on E-450 & Tranist Connect vehicles if they are bricked.
Password required to access function.

They talk about any password. Anybody knows something?

· Registered
Azure Dynamics (Ford) Transit Connect 2012
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Hi all,
Gnist, I agree with you, but... my version is TLC01420060B-01062012000 and if we look in Binaris folder of ECU Flash Tool installation on disc C:, we can see, that this file is not present. The last file is TLC01420060_PackB_100406200.The first part of file name is the same, but another part is difference. Interesting is, that Flash Tool flashing pack B, and telling Ok, but version number of pack “B” in TCBEV is still old. Can you share the full name of your version?
Something wrong, and I dont know what.:confused::confused::confused:
I tried to flash VCU, but programm bringing error message and stop working!? Have anybody any experience?
Thanks
P.S - Allows user to unlock BECM's on E-450 & Tranist Connect vehicles if they are bricked.
Password required to access function.

They talk about any password. Anybody knows something?

I got the software from a guy in US, i dont think there is a difference in the battery software.... when i flashed the first time my ESS1 got bricked to (couldent se any status in TCBEV and in software window it flashed some random numbers but then i flashed the module again and it fired au as it should, are you using a windows XP machine? it says that it is very important to do so :)

· Registered
101 Posts
Hi all
Ron, i have a question: when you were flashing the battery, was it mounted on the car or not?
It's impossible, but i cannot fire any module. I bricked 4 modules!!!!!!! Don’t know what to do!
I don’t try XP machine, i cannot find it, but it working good (visually:D) on Win7. May be really this?

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Hi all
Ron, i have a question: when you were flashing the battery, was it mounted on the car or not?
It's impossible, but i cannot fire any module. I bricked 4 modules!!!!!!! Don’t know what to do!
I don’t try XP machine, i cannot find it, but it working good (visually:D) on Win7. May be really this?
Yes it was mounted on the car (or at thr side with my home built extension cables) it says wit bold and capital letters in red that only windows XP works.... i think that is pretty clear to me so i didnt even try it with win7... the tcbev diagnostic tool does wirk pretty well in win7 and win10, but when flashing i would not try anyting else.. :)

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
ok, thanks :(
Hey, how is it going with your modules? if you want to you can send them to me and i give it a try?? i did brick one of my bms too but i was able to flash it once again and it woke up with the new software :) i still got my spare pack at the side of the car so it is pretty easy for me to flash some modules but i am planning too sell it in a month or so.

· Registered
101 Posts
Thanks Ron!
Hi all
very interesting situation: I put the battery in a trunk and lengthen all the wires, its more comfortable to work (Ron,like in your picture). I don't know what the reason, but on long cables I cannot flash the BMUs, sends errors. I twice replaced eth. cable for can bus in extension cable and put very very good cable, but no, same errors. Then I decided to try another way: I get harness and BMUs from the battery, collected all this on the table, connect PC and..... everything OK. I flashed BMUs as A and B, I have response from them OK. Now, next step is to gather all again in the pack, and try to start up the car. I hope, it will be the next week.
Ron, you are planning to sell spares or Ford?

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Thanks Ron!
Hi all
very interesting situation: I put the battery in a trunk and lengthen all the wires, its more comfortable to work (Ron,like in your picture). I don't know what the reason, but on long cables I cannot flash the BMUs, sends errors. I twice replaced eth. cable for can bus in extension cable and put very very good cable, but no, same errors. Then I decided to try another way: I get harness and BMUs from the battery, collected all this on the table, connect PC and..... everything OK. I flashed BMUs as A and B, I have response from them OK. Now, next step is to gather all again in the pack, and try to start up the car. I hope, it will be the next week.
Ron, you are planning to sell spares or Ford?
Wow, great !!! is it showing newer software versions to?

i have a spare parts Ford Azure besides mine fully working car that i am planning to sell, its not a complete car but the battery/motor/charger and more is still there :)

41 - 60 of 97 Posts