DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Need help with Ford-Azure Transit Connect battery diagnosis

9531 Views 96 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Ron_84
Hi i have a Transit Connect electric and one half of the batterypack wont connect/engage does anyone know soething about this cars anymore? i am suspecting the BMS but no fault code or anything is showing, ESS1 stays in "contactor state" as first picture shows for a while then it disconnects, ESS2 shows "xxxxC400" for just a second then it changes to xxxxC600 and contactor voltage shows up and the car is running on one half..

Thanks Robin
Computer Personal computer Azure Gadget Font
Computer Personal computer Azure Font Electronic device

ect,
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

· Registered
170 Posts
It looks like that battery is also on Alibaba.

There may be more negotiating in purchasing from Alibaba than AliExpress. However, it may be a benefit for larger bulk orders.

· Registered
101 Posts
It looks like that battery is also on Alibaba.

There may be more negotiating in purchasing from Alibaba than AliExpress. However, it may be a benefit for larger bulk orders.
Ali price much cheaper :)

· Registered
101 Posts
Hello everyone
New problem, now with the cooling system (I didn’t find a topic, so I’m asking here, sorry): last time the radiator’s fans working almost constantly, but the temperature on the dashboard is normal and the radiator is cold. TVBEV fixes 70 degrees; we can hear that the pump is working. Probably clogged, need to find where.
But I have another question: TSVEV can show pump RPM (look the picture): did anyone pay attention to what pump speed you have?
I always have 0.
Thanks

Product Rectangle Font Parallel Technology

· Registered
170 Posts
Ok, I went out driving today.

The dashboard temperature gauge was pegged at 50%, and did not budge.

When driving, or stopping, I couldn't discern any fan or pump noises. I don't drive very aggressively, and it was a cool afternoon.

However, as soon as I release the brakes, I hear the brake vacuum pump operating for a few seconds, then it stops.

As mentioned above, when charging at 110V, I hear either a fan or pump running about 75% of the time.

I still need to try to get the diagnostic software running.

· Registered
101 Posts
Ok, I went out driving today.

The dashboard temperature gauge was pegged at 50%, and did not budge.

When driving, or stopping, I couldn't discern any fan or pump noises. I don't drive very aggressively, and it was a cool afternoon.

However, as soon as I release the brakes, I hear the brake vacuum pump operating for a few seconds, then it stops.

As mentioned above, when charging at 110V, I hear either a fan or pump running about 75% of the time.

I still need to try to get the diagnostic software running.
Thank you, everything is exactly the same, with the exception of the radiator fans: they turning on almost immediately. However, now less often. 100% the pipe is stucked somewhere. No time to look. Bad, that I can't see which RPM the pump is spining at.
Can I help you with diagnostic software problem?

· Registered
Azure Dynamics (Ford) Transit Connect 2012
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Hello everyone
New problem, now with the cooling system (I didn’t find a topic, so I’m asking here, sorry): last time the radiator’s fans working almost constantly, but the temperature on the dashboard is normal and the radiator is cold. TVBEV fixes 70 degrees; we can hear that the pump is working. Probably clogged, need to find where.
But I have another question: TSVEV can show pump RPM (look the picture): did anyone pay attention to what pump speed you have?
I always have 0.
Thanks

View attachment 132878
Hi!

I would say mine is running at about 3k rpm if i dont remember wrong :)

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Hi, Ron
good to hear you.
Thanks for the reply.
How are you, how is your car? :)
Hi!

Everything is fine here, how about you?

The car is running great, driven it about 10.000km this year without any troböe at all after i fixed it in february.. now it sits in the garage becaus och winter, it is like brand new yet and i dont want it to rust🤣🤣 and it is cheaper to run an old diesel now becaus of the electric price here😁 will take it out soon again.

Hows your car doing?

· Registered
101 Posts
Hi!

Everything is fine here, how about you?

The car is running great, driven it about 10.000km this year without any troböe at all after i fixed it in february.. now it sits in the garage becaus och winter, it is like brand new yet and i dont want it to rust🤣🤣 and it is cheaper to run an old diesel now becaus of the electric price here😁 will take it out soon again.

Hows your car doing?
Thanks, everything is fine. Ford runs (y) , there are some problems with engine cooling, but now is winter... :)We bought a second Ford, now trying to restore the battery, but… there are no good batteries, boards, etc. By the way, here we found a programmer, who read a flash from one BMS board and overwrote it into another, i.e. made a clone of the desired board, so it's possible.(y)

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Thanks, everything is fine. Ford runs (y) , there are some problems with engine cooling, but now is winter... :)We bought a second Ford, now trying to restore the battery, but… there are no good batteries, boards, etc. By the way, here we found a programmer, who read a flash from one BMS board and overwrote it into another, i.e. made a clone of the desired board, so it's possible.(y)
Great! I have a some spare main and slave bms if you need to your batteries :)

81 - 97 of 97 Posts