I want to build an EV car, but Im not sure on what size motor to use. Im sure the motor should be able to generate a certain torque to be able to drive a car, but how much energy will it need to produce that torque? And what voltage , etc would that motor need from the battery?
Im really confused on where to start so if anyone could give me step by step instructions, that would be awesome
My answers to the following
- Your skill level with auto mechanics and fabrication
Barely to some simple do it yourself things like change oil filter, oil, replace light, change fuses.
- The range you are hoping to get (how many miles/charge)
I want to shoot for something like what an average day would be, about 80 miles.
- What level of performance you are hoping to get
the acceleration at this point is not that important, whats important is that the car run for a long time, like 5 hours
- How much money you are willing to put into your project
- What parts you've already considered, if any.
I am planning to do a bigger car, sort of like an SUV, like say a ford excape, or a hyundai tuscon