DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I bought my AC motor a few years ago, it looks like there is another AC motor on the market.

http://www.go-ev.com/Motors-AC.html

What do you think of this motor and the specs it has?

http://www.go-ev.com/PDFs/HyPer_9_Graph.pdf

My issue is more on the use of "integrated" and I think that they need to add more components into the controller to make conversions simpler. With those types of amperages, I would assume that the controller will need to be cooled, is that system included? If they could include a start button option with a pair of key fobs, that would be good. There is the DC-DC converter, vacuum pump, 12V battery connections, and displays. And I will even go as far as integrating a battery charger and J1772 socket that has wires that can be plugged in to this.

It would be nice to have them sell a drop in kit that makes conversions as easy as connecting the batteries, the motor to the transmission, and these electronics component to the frame.

Or if they are separate components, still sell them as an entire kit that works together with the wires and fuses.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
My issue is more on the use of "integrated" and I think that they need to add more components into the controller to make conversions simpler.
They are offering the motor and a suitable inverter/controller as a package; they are not "integrated" in any physical way, and there does not appear to be any more to the system.

I note that in another thread there is an explanation that this motor exists to meet the requirements of commercial/industrial clients who want an AC motor at relatively low battery voltage for equipment such as forklift trucks. Given that, I'm not surprised that they would not build a more extensive system incorporating features that those vehicles would not need.

With those types of amperages, I would assume that the controller will need to be cooled, is that system included?
For more information on the controller, you might look to the distributor of the controller:
EV West says it is an AC-X1 by SME Group (which SME gets from a Chinese manufacturer)
SME Group's Chinese division is SME Shanghai Co., Ltd, but the controller looks just like ones from Beijing RIATEC Technology Co.,Ltd (possibly the real manufacturer)... although RIATEC doesn't list the AC-X1 (higher input voltage than the rest of the series) yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts