Energy Density/Volume: 2100 Wh/litre
Energy Density/Weight: 1330 Wh/kg
Cycle Life: 3000+ cycles
Minimum Working Temperature: - 40C
Maximum Working Temperature: +70C
Life: 10-30 years
Discharge Rate: Adjustable

There is a company and they have a plan :D
I hope it's not just anoter take on EU funding etc.
http://www.europositron.com/en/background.html

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
He must have learned from EESTORE. Solid busines concept, take proven physical/chemical process which has well known showstopping side effects, then tell everyone you found a way around those side effects and just need a few million $$$ to make a prototype. Few mils is a drop in a bucket for venture capitalists working in a high risk markets.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
I think you should stop pondering about Europositron and perhaps look at what is acutally being developed right now.

I found this site talking about a new line of batteries from ThunderSky:

http://gwl-power.tumblr.com/search/sulfur

Maybe it has been posted here already.

Regards
/Per
Interesting - but it looks like the "nominal" voltage is probably about 1.8V, so you need 75% more cells to make an equivalent voltage pack.

·
Registered
153 Posts
About fraud accusations, so far only Finnish authorities have been making those conclusions. And yes, it is common way here if you do something different and potentially harmful for bigger players.
Investors are ok with situation, mr Partanen claims that development is on track, but batteries are not here yet. So we have to wait and see how things will turn out.:cool:

·
Registered
378 Posts
I think you should stop pondering about Europositron and perhaps look at what is acutally being developed right now.

I found this site talking about a new line of batteries from ThunderSky:

http://gwl-power.tumblr.com/search/sulfur

Maybe it has been posted here already.

Regards
/Per
Works out at 153Wh/kg. A 50% improvement on LiFePO4 cells but has the cycle life on par with Li-Mg or Li-Co chemistries. Not really worth it.

Sam.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I remember reading about this battery technology back in 2006. It's progressed exactly 0% since I read about it. As far as I'm concerned, this was a scam to get people to invest big money into a BS product.

·
Registered
1 Posts
About fraud accusations, so far only Finnish authorities have been making those conclusions. And yes, it is common way here if you do something different and potentially harmful for bigger players.
Investors are ok with situation, mr Partanen claims that development is on track, but batteries are not here yet. So we have to wait and see how things will turn out.:cool:
That is not true.
The police investigation was requested by disappointed investors.
Partanen collected 1.3 million euros from investors and used only about 3000 euros to development.

16.09.2010 he was sentenced to jail for 2 years and 6 months and compensation of about 0.5 million euros to investors.

I first read about his "invention" in swedish magazine Elektronik Tidningen
february 1998.
After that he has not produced any prototype, only talk and advertising of the shares.

EM
Helsinki
Finland

1 - 14 of 14 Posts