DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This was in my Global Spec newsletter today. It says:

Designed and built in North Carolina, this hot little two-seat sports car can do 0-60 in 3.4 seconds, and it's all electric — not a hybrid. The Inizio (Italian for "First") is powered by an 180 kW (241 HP) electric motor that puts it in a power class of the Ferraris and Lamborghinis. The motor itself is supplied by custom made lithium ion batteries, either a package of 12 or 24 depending on the model size. It can be charged in 6-8 hours with an onboard charger, and has a range of up to 250 miles with a top speed of 170 MPH (272 KPH).
Here's a link to the Green Energy News article.

·
Registered
937 Posts
"To boot, the INIZIO features Li-Ion’s proprietary Battery Monitoring System that carefully manages thermal conditions inside battery packs to ensure optimal range and efficiency."

I couldn't help noticing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think this is an interesting car and may be one of the first tastes of the supercars of the future. The article, however, was not written by someone who knows exotic cars. This horsepower range has not been "in a power class of the Ferraris and Lamborghinis" since 1981, even if the performance is getting closer. And the "DeLorean-like doors"? No, try Lambo style doors, and they are SO over done, Lamborghini's don't even use them anymore. Anyway I like the car's concept and good luck the the designers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts