DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello evryone,
So I bought an Enpower AC kit from China. I wanted to see for myself what it takes and learn how to start in this all new world. So I started with that 96V kit and a Sams-based bank of marine deep cycles batteries. Connections and overall functionallity was pretty straightforward and after a couple of weeks trying to fabricate a "something" between the motor and the OEM gear box, everything is ready and Im hapily taking a number of laps around my shop city blocks.

Now, I want more distance as it looks I only cover about 15 miles. Around the shop I got small ups and downs, so I bet distance is going to be reduced. But 15 miles!! C`mon!

I was wondering -and point me to the right post if already discussed- how do you guys connect all those fancy Tesla, Volt, Leaf power banks to the controller/Inverter? How do you pull 96V out of those banks that have so many complicated parameters and cables and rocket science stuff?

I already placed an order for a 6v bank of US 250HC XC2 batteries as next step, but I see myself in the no so distant future trying to get a hold of one of those banks.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello evryone,
So I bought an Enpower AC kit from China. I wanted to see for myself what it takes and learn how to start in this all new world. So I started with that 96V kit and a Sams-based bank of marine deep cycles batteries. Connections and overall functionallity was pretty straightforward and after a couple of weeks trying to fabricate a "something" between the motor and the OEM gear box, everything is ready and Im hapily taking a number of laps around my shop city blocks.

Now, I want more distance as it looks I only cover about 15 miles. Around the shop I got small ups and downs, so I bet distance is going to be reduced. But 15 miles!! C`mon!

I was wondering -and point me to the right post if already discussed- how do you guys connect all those fancy Tesla, Volt, Leaf power banks to the controller/Inverter? How do you pull 96V out of those banks that have so many complicated parameters and cables and rocket science stuff?

I already placed an order for a 6v bank of US 250HC XC2 batteries as next step, but I see myself in the no so distant future trying to get a hold of one of those banks.

Thanks!
Hello ElectroMoic, could you please send me the link or the supplier name of the Enpower AC kit you bought from China? I am looking for a reliable low cost KIT supplier which not cheat me.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
@ElectroMoic , could you please send me the link too. I've found the manufacture's website and their Alibaba contact page, but it seems they don't sell directly to customers, but only resellers I presume 😞

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here is what I was able to find about Enpower conversion kits, in case anyone is interested:

There is a company in Uruguay by the name Auto Libre that sells online EV conversion courses and conversion kits

Clients that have installed Auto Libre's kits refer to those as Enpower kits and apparently those are shipped from China.

The company Enpower doesn't not sell to end users directly, only to retailers but their products can be bought from igreatway [1] and shinegle [2].

I'm not entirely sure, but my guess is that one could save some bucks purchasing the kit directly from igreatway and shinegle. Igreatway has almost all the parts that are included in the Auto Libre kits, except for the motors that can be bought from shinegle.

Shinegle sells also conversion kits with the same motor but different parts.

I haven't searched for the big motor included in the Auto Libre 96V kit, but I presume there could be some different alternatives that could work ok, since the kit seems to be assembled to support a variety of motors with different power for both 72V and 96V.

Important:

I'm no expert. I haven't even bought my first EV conversion parts yet so take my findings with a grain of salt.

(1) igreatway:
website
alibaba store

(2) shinegle:
website
alibaba store

[Edit]

I made an image search with the pictures of the motors that apear on the Auto Libre website and the results are below:

Small motor:

Manufacturer: Hepu Power
Model: HPQ7.5-72-22W

Big motor:

Manufacturer: Hepu Power
Model: YS175H15H

1 - 4 of 4 Posts