DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody,

I'm Dave, 25-years old, law student, new father, lifelong old car guy and DIY-er. For the last few years I've been interested in alternative power for old car projects. It's a combination of environmental guilt, desire to keep old heaps on the road longer, curiousity and just plain contrariness.

I have a 1968 Camaro and I doubt I'll ever kick the ICE habit entirely (ethanol looks like a good solution for the hobbiest, though probably not the rest of the driving public), but I've always had an interest in pre-WWII cars (usually built as 1940s or 1950s hot rods).

Over the past few years I've been accumulating parts for such a project, a 1925 Ford touring car. Here was my inspiration to use electric power:

Hopefully you guys don't think I'm completely nuts. I'm here to learn and I'll probably be asking a few questions.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hey Dave, I'm new here too. We've got a 27 Tudor in the family. We've driven that car all over the place- what a blast.

I've always thought a T would make a good "novelty" electric. Nice light car, doesn't need to go fast. Wouldn't take much power. Plus a super-simple system.

Hey, there's an idea, an electric T-bucket... :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts