DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow EVers.

I've been registered here for a while now. I guess I never have posted, just lurked when looking for info. :)

Anyway, I am the owner/builder of a 1970s Simplicity Broadmoar riding lawn mower. Its your basic simple setup. 48V system with a contactor and a Mars PM motor that replaces the gas engine. Charging is done via individual 3A Soneil chargers. I LOVE the mower, its so much nicer than having to deal with a stinky noisy gas powered machine. But, I guess I'm preaching to the choir. :) Its still not 100% done as I just got the snow blower attachment put on and the battery racks need to be redone so the chute adjustment can clear the batteries.

Evalbum page: http://www.evalbum.com/2984

Full build into here.

Here are few pictures:

Rear battery racks.

Mowing deck removed.

Snow blower attachment installed. You can see why the racks need to be fixed. I'll be centering the batteries and moving one back up and over the motor.

Anyway, I'm thinking about doing a car next. So, I just wanted to say hi before I started asking questions. Great site BTW.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hi Daox and welcome to the forum. Nice job on the mower, hope you get the snow thrower ready soon as myself being a former Wisconsinite knows you will need it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts