DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Recently got a kit with a Hyper 9 and the SME AC-X1 Controller.

Having finished wiring it up to test the motor, it seems to be completely stalled no matter how much throttle is applied.
I can see on the Smartview software that the controller is reading the throttle.
I have double checked the cabling to the motor, which is correct.
I have double checked the wires to the Encoder, which is correct to the manual on the netgain site.

I tried swapping the Sine and Cos wires on the Encoder, which then the motor did start to move, but it would suddenly go to 100% throttle with no warning.

Also i am getting a lot of High frequency noise from the contactor. Would that just be the rating on the contactor that came with the kit is wrong?

If anyone has any ideas where i have gone wrong it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All,

Recently got a kit with a Hyper 9 and the SME AC-X1 Controller.

Having finished wiring it up to test the motor, it seems to be completely stalled no matter how much throttle is applied.
I can see on the Smartview software that the controller is reading the throttle.
I have double checked the cabling to the motor, which is correct.
I have double checked the wires to the Encoder, which is correct to the manual on the netgain site.

I tried swapping the Sine and Cos wires on the Encoder, which then the motor did start to move, but it would suddenly go to 100% throttle with no warning.

Also i am getting a lot of High frequency noise from the contactor. Would that just be the rating on the contactor that came with the kit is wrong?

If anyone has any ideas where i have gone wrong it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Did you update the firmware?
And upload the clone file that matches the serial # of your motor?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
Yes, i updated the firmware with the one listed on the netgain website.

The controller did come pre loaded with a file.
The serial on my motor is #H9000595.
On the link of the website (NetGain Motors, Inc. - Clone File Downloads) the serial numbers only go up to #H9000280, so not to sure what should be done there.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My reply has got stuck with mod approval for 8 days. Lets see if this works.

Hi,
Yes, i updated the firmware with the one listed on the netgain website.

The controller did come pre loaded with a file.
The serial on my motor is #H9000595.
On thenetgain website the serial numbers only go up to #H9000280, so not to sure what should be done there.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1996 Electric Corvette 3 Hyper9DHV motors Torque Box
168 Posts
You can reach out to Netgain, or you can copy one of the clone files that you can download, through the Smartview program.

Really the only difference in the clone file is the commisioning offsets for the motor, but you should have them on the tag of the motor.
Of course you can change profiles to your application.

I hope this helps.

Also if the motors are stalled, you can look in the errors on the Smartview program it should help you determine the error, also look in the battery section perhaps..

Mo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts