DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1962 Chevrolet Corvair Loadside pickup truck - still ICE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all! A friend is going to give me his 1962 Corvair 95 pickup truck, and my wife and I plan to convert it to electric. Seems like it will make an excellent conversion candidate, with a lowered area of the truck bed that's about 23 cubic feet (and that can be hidden with some panels over the top), and a cargo-carrying capacity of about 1,900 lbs. (That's a LOT of batteries!)

We're planning on doing as much of the work ourselves as possible (I have a long history of restoring cars and fixing boats), based on research we do here on DIY Electric Car.

We can't wait to get started!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, all! A friend is going to give me his 1962 Corvair 95 pickup truck, and my wife and I plan to convert it to electric. Seems like it will make an excellent conversion candidate, with a lowered area of the truck bed that's about 23 cubic feet (and that can be hidden with some panels over the top), and a cargo-carrying capacity of about 1,900 lbs. (That's a LOT of batteries!)

We're planning on doing as much of the work ourselves as possible (I have a long history of restoring cars and fixing boats), based on research we do here on DIY Electric Car.

We can't wait to get started!
Hi: I’m a newbie here as well and am wondering if you’ve started your conversion. I’m interested in finding out how much is involved as I also own a Rampside Pickup and was thinking of perhaps getting this conversion done as well

·
Registered
1962 Chevrolet Corvair Loadside pickup truck - still ICE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi: I’m a newbie here as well and am wondering if you’ve started your conversion. I’m interested in finding out how much is involved as I also own a Rampside Pickup and was thinking of perhaps getting this conversion done as well
No, I haven't started yet. In fact, I don't even have the truck yet. We recently moved, and are getting settled into the new place, and then I hope to get the truck moved here to start preparing for the conversion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No, I haven't started yet. In fact, I don't even have the truck yet. We recently moved, and are getting settled into the new place, and then I hope to get the truck moved here to start preparing for the conversion.
Thanks for the prompt response. I’ll definitely be following along to see how it turns out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts