DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I am a new member of this forum but have been lurking around for several years, and I recently thought, "What if I had millions of dollars to build the ultimate circuit-based racing car?" I refer to this mad car as Project IU (Imagination Unleashed).

Vehicle Automotive design Aircraft Airplane Art

Jaw Triangle Automotive design Art Font

Essentially, it is a 9G+ cornering, 550+ kph, 0-100 kph in less than 1 second, 2680 hp, 4800 Nm, electric-hydrogen (8 Koenigsegg Quark motors, 2 per wheel + 2 Viritech Apricale graphene hydrogen pressure vessels), ground effect based racing car, but it is all designed via existing state of the art hypercar/motorsport technologies, and I am working on the CAD, CFD and simulations of the car, along with a professor of aerodynamics, spacecraft and rocket propulsion, so that if I ever had millions of dollars lying around, I could really build it. I even thought of 3D printing and building a scale prototype, placing the 3d model and associated physics onto a racing simulator (seeing that I am an avid sim racer), and drive my mad creation around. The closest thing I can imagine to my car is the RedBull X2010 prototype, in terms of performance.

Here's the link to the technical paper (Still a lot of work to be done): Project IU

Please let me know what you think, and how you would design and build the ultimate racing car, with no financial limits.

Thank you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apart from the downforce fan, it's in preproduction now:

No not the Nevera, although I am a huge Rimac fan, nevertheless i went for 8 Koenigsegg Quark motors (2 per wheel), coupled with 2 Viritech Apricale hydrogen pressure vessels, which seems to be a more extreme and lighter option than the Nevera's 1914 hp motors and 120 kWh battery pack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts