DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Happy to be here. I am looking to build a project coming up and I need help. I want to build a custom chassis and need to figure out the best way to power it with ev tech. I'm willing to pay some to help me with this project but for now I just want to see if I can get it done and what the costs look like. If anyone is in the area and is interested, hit me up and I can share more deets!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will cost you $50,000.
I highly doubt it will cost $50k. I've done some research but I like to leave stuff lI don't understand to the professionals. I need to find the person/people who can help me complete the project and I also want to learn as much as I can during the build. I'm not building a car but a cart. I already have a chassis builder just need help with the powertrain. Any insights?

·
Registered
805 Posts
You can buy a Golf cart then, and move its drivetrain components to your next chassis. It will be probably under $10,000 depending on the cart you get. You can also check out Buggies Gone Wild forum on the recipes for upgrading those carts to get more performance.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It may not have helped your argument when you said "Professionals." Obviously in Southern Ca you have access to professionals such as EV West and Stealth EV. They will cost you $XX,000. Other than that, I'm sure there are some on here who could help spec a drivetrain solution if they knew more details such as size of said cart (Sand rail - 200hp or go-cart 20hp size)? Also, post some pictures/drawings or something to increase interest.

·
Registered
5 Posts
here is one of the options for DC motor

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey - I'm in SoCal just south of Oceanside. I'm a recently retired engineer, with a lifetime of experience in windpower. I'm just getting started on my own EV conversion. Let's talk.

Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts