DIY Electric Car Forums banner

459 3
Hello everyone.
Brand new member on my first build. Converting a 8 hp gas powered dune buggy cart to electric.
I just purchased a Motenergy 48 volt, 2k-4k watt, 300 amp continuous, ME0909 MOTOR with an ALLTRAX SR48300 controller in a kit. It came with no reversing switch, no throttle and no instructions. I have no idea which throttles or reversing switches will work or how to wire them. If anybody is familiar with ALLTRAX controllers, any help would be greatly appreciated.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7,793 Posts
Hello everyone.
Brand new member on my first build. Converting a 8 hp gas powered dune buggy cart to electric.
I just purchased a Motenergy 48 volt, 2k-4k watt, 300 amp continuous, ME0909 MOTOR with an ALLTRAX SR48300 controller in a kit. It came with no reversing switch, no throttle and no instructions. I have no idea which throttles or reversing switches will work or how to wire them. If anybody is familiar with ALLTRAX controllers, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi. Welcome. I suggest you read the manual. It is easy to find using google. Didn't a manual come with the Alltrax?

major

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, however it isn't a user manual like anything I have ever seen before. Just a list of parts and a schematic. No installation instructions. Didn't explain that it needs a pot throttle vs hall and a reverse switch which I thought came with it for the money I paid. Anyway, I spent the day studying the schematic and think I have a grip on it.
Thanks for getting back to me.

· Registered
7,793 Posts
yes, however it isn't a user manual like anything I have ever seen before. Just a list of parts and a schematic. No installation instructions. Didn't explain that it needs a pot throttle vs hall and a reverse switch which I thought came with it for the money I paid. Anyway, I spent the day studying the schematic and think I have a grip on it.
Thanks for getting back to me.
It appears you can download manual and/or software here:

http://www.alltraxinc.com/Products_SR.html

Good luck,

major

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.