DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I would like to share my project with you, in the hope that it will be of interest to you.
I made a BMS that I installed in my daughter's e-max scooter (16s 48v)
It is a BMS for prismatic cells, with modules that are fixed to the positive pole of each cell.
Each module is based on Attiny microcontroller and communicates in I2c with the control unit based on Arduino Mega.
The BMS is controlled and managed via an Android application on a smartphone connected to the BMS via Bluetooth.

I decided to share Open Source the whole project on this site:
Green BMS

I also created the Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdJnQnmzJSQNOAGbZR5iExA

Here you can download the Android App that contains the offline demo, in order to see the features it offers:
Google play Green BMS

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!
Is there any plan to make it available as a pre-built hardware product, or a DIY assembly kit?
For the moment no, I'm not interested to sale it...
I did it for myself as an hobby and I found that works fine, for this reason I have decided to share it.
But consider that the project is totally open source (every design document of hardware and software will be available for download until the end of september) and everybody is free to build, check, and sale it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you considered combining forces with the diybms community?

I believe Stuart is currently working on an ESP32 upgraded solution and also a smart shunt.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you considered combining forces with the diybms community?

No I haven't... I am new to this kind of projects ... and i have little experience ..

News:
All project files of Green BMS project are available at the following link: GitHub - Green-bms/SmartBMS: Open source Smart Battery Management System
:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Is there any plan to make it available as a pre-built hardware product, or a DIY assembly kit?
I made a calculation of the costs for a 20s 60v battery pack, assembled by myself,
In total I spent around 180 euros.

Now I am waiting for an offer from an online PCB supplier to find out how much the pre-assembled boards cost.
Bye!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you are interested, you can buy the PCBs that make up Green BMS, at the following links:
Cell module: Green BMS Cell Module v.0.2
Interface board: Green BMS Interface board v.0.1

On each page you can download the Gerber file to purchase the PCB wherever you want and you can download the BOM (bill of material) file for PCB assembling.
By the BOM you can purchase directly from PCBway the PCB assembled, but I have no idea about the costs...👋

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.