DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I subscribed because I am interested in building a competitive electric racing kart to compete with tag / shifter karts in an open class. I'm glad there is still an active group out here that hasn't been facebooked...

After looking at various youtube videos plus certain vlogs there, I have decided to give it a shot. My current design (which have mistakes - the main reason I'm here) includes a quick swap battery pack, buffer capacitors, controller, and motor to give me a peak 77 HP rating without a huge amount of weight (about 63 Kg).

Bryan

Based in Oklahoma

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Welcome, and good luck with your project. :)

The target performance level appears to be well up the kart classes. I had never heard of TaG (for "Touch and Go", meaning electric start) karts before, but of course the electric kart will have the same flip-the-switch driving convenience.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
What motor are you planning to use, and which batteries ?..critical items.
You are lucky you have a "open" class that will let you run with the ICEs, most clubs are very restrictive with class groups, age, engine types, weight etc etc.
But if it is truely "Open" then pick your competition carfully as you may well be up against twin engined karts, 250 shifters, even those hi power Rotary engined karts with way more power and a lot less weight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts