DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings, (first post here) :)

Does anyone have any info on this motor? Price?

I am in the process of starting an electric DIY kit car project and thought this looked interesting and a lot lighter than a Tesla Model S rear drive motor.

Anyone have any thoughts or more info on it? I did a search and could not find anything here.

Thank you!

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
I'm not surprised there's nothing on this unit here, because it is not used in production (so it's not available as salvage) or offered to individual aftermarket buyer... so no one can get one. There are lots of motors (and gearboxes for them) like this which have been designed and could be produced, if only a manufacturer would commit to buying tens of thousands of them.

Articles like this are all based on Yamaha's press release, which is understandably short on details. Even their electric motors web page says essentially nothing, since they have no production-ready products.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not surprised there's nothing on this unit here, because it is not used in production (so it's not available as salvage) or offered to individual aftermarket buyer... so no one can get one. There are lots of motors (and gearboxes for them) like this which have been designed and could be produced, if only a manufacturer would commit to buying tens of thousands of them.

Articles like this are all based on Yamaha's press release, which is understandably short on details. Even their electric motors web page says essentially nothing, since they have no production-ready products.
Hey Brain, thanks for the reply, yes, I was hoping someone might have some insider info.

Guess we might have to wait on this one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts