DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Herrington Group 1/2 Scale T35 Bugatti- Electric Car
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All. I have joined the forum as I have a Group Harrington 1/2 scale T35 Bugatti Electric car that does not function. I need info on the components involved so I can get it running for my Granddaughter. It is a tale of woe so far as I took it to the local Battery shop who had it for 3 years and could not fix it. They also managed to lose the original charger for the car. Upon collecting the car back from them they reported that it would run off the ground but would not move under load on the ground. They had disposed of the batteries by that time so I could not collaborate the running condition.

I recently got the urge to get working on this project once again. I took the car to CANEV ( Canadian Electric Vehicles) who just happen to be about an hours drive from here and left it with Todd and his knowledgeable crew -hey, they build electric vehicles!! I asked them to see what was wrong with the little car. They determined that the only surviving part of the electrics was the motors. They broke down all the elements and checked them independently and found nothing as it should be. The prospect of re-creating the original works was well beyond my budget realities. Thanks to CANEV for going the extra mile and not charging me for the actual time spent. I returned home to consider my options.

That lead me here of course, so if anyone could suggest which part of the forum community I should be posting to that would be great. I have looked around quite abit but still not sure on identifying the components that they used. At least the controllers have nice big labels on them!

Perhaps someone else has one of these cars?? Thanks for helping another Newby out.

·
Registered
Herrington Group 1/2 Scale T35 Bugatti- Electric Car
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the direction, I believe there are only about a dozen of these out there. No way to tell anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts