DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone familiar with Nissan hybrid batteries? Unfortunately it seems that so far in the US they only came in a very limited number of Murano hybrids.

Someone is selling a stock of unused Murano battery packs on Ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lithium-Polymer-Battery-Pack-NISSAN-Murano-Hybrid-295B05AF0A/311852843015?hash=item489be0c007:g:DWEAAOSwnFZXWX69&vxp=mtr

I have not been able to find much information on them but they look like a smaller version of the Leaf modules.

The hybrid battery pack voltage is 144V but I am not sure how many amp hours.

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
According to a Car and Driver article, the short-lived Nissan Murano Hybrid has an only 20 hp motor/generator... so the battery pack probably has quite limited power capability.

Car and Driver speculates that Nissan used leftover parts from the earlier Pathfinder hybrid, and that actually makes sense (the motor/generator power matches, for instance). Perhaps you can find specs for the Pathfinder Hybrid battery.

There might be some more information on one of Nissan's websites, but you might need to hit the Wayback Machine to find it... they're not exactly proud of this model.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is anyone familiar with Nissan hybrid batteries? Unfortunately it seems that so far in the US they only came in a very limited number of Murano hybrids.

Someone is selling a stock of unused Murano battery packs on Ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lithium-Polymer-Battery-Pack-NISSAN-Murano-Hybrid-295B05AF0A/311852843015?hash=item489be0c007:g:DWEAAOSwnFZXWX69&vxp=mtr

I have not been able to find much information on them but they look like a smaller version of the Leaf modules.

The hybrid battery pack voltage is 144V but I am not sure how many amp hours.

They are made like the Leaf modules, but they are not what you would expect.
It is a 1p8s module. 32V per module. Have not tested the capacity yet.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts