DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I initially started working on this for my Mercedes, but I made several mistakes. I've worked on the design a bit more, including adding a locating ring on the front, clocking the mounting holes and adding several more. It is designed to use an ER209-45 insert bearing. It is made from the files that Danny uploaded. I've attached the file for you all to take a look at. Please let me know if there is anything that you think I should change before I start designing the coupler.

If this works for your application, feel free to use it. I bolted the original up to my motor and CanEV adapter and it seemed to line up well. I even drove the car before something in my inverter failed. If I have to take it apart, I might as well fix what I did wrong before I put it back together...

Thanks, folks!

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I actually found a few things that needed tweaking. I made the ID of the bore for the bearing 85.05mm to allow for a slip fit to be used with green Bearing Set Loctite. The diameter of the locating ring is 101.54mm so that it more closely matches the size of the locating ring on the Warp motors, which is 3.998 inches. The transmission mount holes are 6.74mm so that they can be tapped for a 5/16" bolt, again to match the Warp motors. The updated model is attached.

I'm really new to CAD, so if I made a mistake I'm all ears.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts