DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, does anyone know where I could find accurate dimensions for a Nissan Leaf electric motor or the components that come together to create this unit, please? Either the EM61 or EM57 unit is fine. Even an accurate CAD model would suffice! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
248 Posts
In my build thread, I have the numbers i got from my motor. I don't time this morning to link it here, sorry.

Bill

·
Registered
607 Posts
I have no accurate measurements, but I do have an EM57 sitting in my garage...Let me know if an idiot with a tape measure can help.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no accurate measurements, but I do have an EM57 sitting in my garage...Let me know if an idiot with a tape measure can help.
Ha! I'm sure you're no idiot, Tremelune! That's very kind of you. Do you know if the EM57 can function when separated into the three main component parts? It's just that I think it's quite a bit too high, so may not be applicable anyway.

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Do you know if the EM57 can function when separated into the three main component parts? It's just that I think it's quite a bit too high, so may not be applicable anyway.
The three parts are fundamentally the same as the previous separate parts were, but with nice tidy internal connections. The ability to use the parts separately is entirely dependent on your ability to find connectors and build cables to replace the more direct original connections, and to seal up the holes in the housings which were for internal connections and will now be exposed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts