DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of purchasing a "new old stock" ADC L91-4003 motor. I have some pictures of them and there is no wear or tear on the motor, but the build date is from 1997 (12+ years ago). There is a small bit of surface rust on the shafts (it is double ended). But the end surfaces are clean and look unused.

Is there any reason to be concerned about the age of the motor if it was just sitting on the shelf?

Does ADC do any upgrades to these motors over the years?

Seller says it was included in some stuff he inherited in the original box. As far as he knows it has never been used at all.

Thanks for any input.

Preston

·
Registered
7,829 Posts
I'm in the process of purchasing a "new old stock" ADC L91-4003 motor. I have some pictures of them and there is no wear or tear on the motor, but the build date is from 1997 (12+ years ago). There is a small bit of surface rust on the shafts (it is double ended). But the end surfaces are clean and look unused.

Is there any reason to be concerned about the age of the motor if it was just sitting on the shelf?

Does ADC do any upgrades to these motors over the years?

Seller says it was included in some stuff he inherited in the original box. As far as he knows it has never been used at all.

Thanks for any input.

Preston
Hi Prest,

I wouldn't be concerned. I've used motors older than that :) Look it over and post up some pictures. And as far as upgrades, I don't know, shouldn't matter to you. Might be better off with the oldie-but-goodie than a recent one ;)

Regards,

major

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Major:

Thanks. I'm still waiting on some more photos ... but the photos are quite large (file size). I think I need to shrink them down.

But the photos do look good.

Preston

1 - 4 of 4 Posts