DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,126 Posts
The braking from this set up can be quite strong. I will look up a link for you. This fellow did exactly what you want. I kept it as I was going to do this. I did mount the clutch...

Here u go.... http://www.waynesev.com/
He's getting about 10 amps at pack voltage. I can barely feel 10 amps of regen in my car, and it won't give you any noticeable range. For all the work he put in he basically ended up with nothing as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
8,126 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something then, but 10 amps at 160 volts is 1.6KW or about 2 hp, doesn't seem like enough to cause a skid, except maybe on ice with bad tires. For range, unless you have a 10 mile downhill regenning at 10 amps you probably wouldn't get even a mile of range from that setup.

*I suppose the rear brakes plus 10 amps of regen could skid the wheels in the snow.

·
Registered
8,126 Posts
*I suppose the rear brakes plus 10 amps of regen could skid the wheels in the snow.
And actually the video shows 177volts and a peak of 18 amps, so even more power than we calculated at 160V and 10 amps. Makes a bit more sense now, though I still doubt it does much for his range.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts