DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not receiving email notification of posts to my subscribed thread.
tropes

·
Administrator
368 Posts
Hey there,

So how this works is when someone posts something, a notification will be sent to you, but it will go to your email provider before it gets to you. This delay happens often if you have an email service that likes to withhold content (like an email version of customs check).

Please try adding [email protected] and [email protected] to your emails' contact/safe sender list.

Ed

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey there,

So how this works is when someone posts something, a notification will be sent to you, but it will go to your email provider before it gets to you. This delay happens often if you have an email service that likes to withhold content (like an email version of customs check).

Please try adding [email protected] and [email protected] to your emails' contact/safe sender list.

Ed
Done. Hope it works.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That didn't work. Any other suggestions?

·
Administrator
368 Posts
Oops, forgot to add - clear your cache/cookies and refresh your browser after making these changes.

Do this and give it a few days to kick in - if that still doesn't work, let us know if you have an alternative email address that we can test to send notifications to you.

Cheers,
Nate

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oops, forgot to add - clear your cache/cookies and refresh your browser after making these changes.

Do this and give it a few days to kick in - if that still doesn't work, let us know if you have an alternative email address that we can test to send notifications to you.

Cheers,
Nate
I will do that.

·
Administrator
368 Posts
I opened a ticket for the techs to check the mail servers.

Case #2892380

-Philip

·
Administrator
368 Posts
It appears your provider is blocking us. You may be able to reach out to them to let them know they are blocking/throttling this mail from getting to you.
-Philip

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It appears your provider is blocking us. You may be able to reach out to them to let them know they are blocking/throttling this mail from getting to you.
-Philip
[email protected] send an email to harvestpie at SaskTel dot net

·
Administrator
368 Posts
I cant send anything from that email address. Its only sent from there when notifications of your subscribed threads are sent to you. Hoping this reply triggers your subscription.
-Philip

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I cant send anything from that email address. Its only sent from there when notifications of your subscribed threads are sent to you. Hoping this reply triggers your subscription.
-Philip
nothing yet.

·
Administrator
368 Posts
Did you reach out to your own email provider yet? They tend to respond better to their actual users asking for a site to be unblocked, then a website asking for itself to be unblocked.

Kevin

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did you reach out to your own email provider yet? They tend to respond better to their actual users asking for a site to be unblocked, then a website asking for itself to be unblocked.

Kevin
Yes. they asked if the sender was getting a bounce back message.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was getting email notifications in December and I haven't changed anything on my end.

·
Administrator
368 Posts
I've updated the ticket requesting for the bounce back message so we can forward this to you to bring to your email provider.

Please stand by - thank you for your patience.

Cheers,
Nate

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've updated the ticket requesting for the bounce back message so we can forward this to you to bring to your email provider.

Please stand by - thank you for your patience.

Cheers,
Nate
Haven't received anything yet.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts