DIY Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
I talked to In-Tech about their CCS solutions -- they gave me a price of 1500 euros. Let's just say I won't be going that route. So I'll be following @mpopov23's Beagle solution.

Note that in the US, there are similar numbers of CHAdeMO and CCS stations -- at least for now. Many stations are CCS and CHAdeMO. But the low power of CHAdeMO is quite painful.

·
Registered
579 Posts
You can get an adapter if the connector is the showstopper.

Their pricing is double what I'd consider the high side of reasonable cost. They're at the price of a wrecked car, lol.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I agree. I follow them on Insta and when the CCS breakthrough got announced it was exciting, but looking at the price - think I won't plan for CCS just yet.

I've asked them about using an adaptor. They've told me that there's some software difference between CCS1 and CCS2, so not sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts

"
  • CAN bus 2.0B for communication with the vehicle
  • Users can deploy their own code (C/C++, Python)
"

·
Registered
61 Posts

"
  • CAN bus 2.0B for communication with the vehicle
  • Users can deploy their own code (C/C++, Python)
"
Have you or anybody here used it? Maybe even in conjunction with the Orion?

·
Registered
29 Posts
That's still expensive for the advantics one. Cost of actual CCS controller + R&D is indeed where the pricing is coming from.
You can likely use that CCS kit with any BMS, I don't think it requires the Orion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In last two weeks I downloaded latest RISE-V2G code and successfully compiled it. I also managed to run a test on PC with dummy example where you have one software instance for SECC and one for EVCC and it worked. The code is structured in a way that the core of the IEC15118 protocol is fully implemented, you are responsible for implementing the access to the HW layer such as setting CP pins and also to implement control interface from the EV side for sending the target voltage, current, etc.

My idea was to use BeagleBone Black single board computer for running the RISE-V2G stack and create cape with STM32 MCU for interfacing with CP/PP/Lock motor electronics that uses UART for communication with RISE-V2G stack.

For the EV comms i was thinking of using one of two CAN interfaces on BBB itself.

Currently i am writing a PC simulator code that would simulate the UART data being sent from MCU so that i have more clear requirements for the hardware and also to simplify transition to actual hardware.

Also i have ordered two QCA7000 modules for testing.

Stay tuned...
Hey, any progress on that yet? I'm converting an electric motorcycle and my friends won't be waiting for me to charge my 200Ah battery for 10 hours with a 20A charger :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the update!
Hi can you help him how to start CCS devlopment
I have ordered Qualcomm iC and even builded the board.
I have studied the standards *& V2G github code but couldn't understand how to start.
Can you help me on this

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi can you help him how to start CCS devlopment
I have ordered Qualcomm iC and even builded the board.
I have studied the standards *& V2G github code but couldn't understand how to start.
Can you help me on this
Hi Sandeep,
I'm eager to help in any way I can. I also studied the CCS standard and I think I have a good understanding of how it can be made to work. I'm also a very experienced software developer and I have a background in electrical engineering. Do you want to collaborate somehow on this? If so, let me know how we can connect.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts