DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if many here remember but a couple years ago I started a thread called "our world" which was basically a fun, light hearted way to share some photos from the places we live. Since we have members from all over the world here, I thought it would make for a nice relaxed change of pace.

Anyone up for round 2?:D

What I'm trying to do now, is show places that I've been with the electric car. Here are a few shots of a place called "Echo Lake" just off the Gold River Highway on Vancouver Island. Its about a 20 minute drive from my house but feels much further when you are sitting there on an evening like this.

I'm working on some driving videos on that same road and will upload them later.

Feel free to jump in anytime!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Great idea! Here's a picture of my electric on the Bonneville Salt Flats:

You can see more electrics on the Salt Flats pics on my web page http://ExplodingDinosaurs.com

Has anyone used their EV to go skiing? I'm hoping to do that this winter. I don't know if I'll have enough charge to make it, but it'll be fun to try and make for some great pics.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wanted to do that with my car, because it should have the range to pull it off, but I don't think it has enough power to do it safely. Some hills are 12% and I'd be taking my life into my hands to be impeeding that many motorists:p I think the car would probably make it to the top, but it would just be too slow crawling along in 1st gear.

My truck can totally own that road but it's uh - *slightly* more expensive to operate.:eek:

I want to eventually start hacking the drive system but I don't know how much more power I can really squeeze out of it. Would be nice though.

Love that Proche but the way....:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts