DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 360 Posts

· SPAM Cop
1,500 Posts
Hey Patrick, looking forward to seeing the You Tube videos. Gavin is definitely an inspiration to many including myself. I'm gonna keep checking back on this thread to see your progress!

Josh
No kidding, Gavin's youtube videos inspired me to get back on the bandwagon after having abandoned my last two EV conversions nearly 10 years ago due to financial constraints. Now I have the truck AND I'm re-converting my scooter... it's addictive, I know this, because in the back of my mind I'm already thinking about how the heck I'm going to build a DRAGSTER... lol

· SPAM Cop
1,500 Posts
Actually, at this moment I'm starting to think that wiring all the 12v systems back up properly will be a bigger challenge than removing the engine was. While disassembling, I thought to myself "I know what I'm doing, I'll remember where each connector went" and didn't bother to label everything. GM color-codes the connectors, so it should be easy to figure it out later on, especially considering where the wiring connector lays on the frame of the vehicle.

Do yourself a favor... label everything as to where it came from. You can get a brother P-touch labeller brand new with 2 tape cartridges and enough battery to run it for a year or more on ebay for $30 with free shipping. :)

· SPAM Cop
1,500 Posts
should I be concerned that it says 72-96v when I have a 120v system planned?

SHINY!... No, no need to be concerned at all. Some people put well beyond 120v into these motors. The more volts, the more amps, the less lifetime of wear items, but 120v is no issue for that motor.

1 - 4 of 360 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.