DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I'm planning this conversion for years, and I just made some steps to start it. I'm a java programmer with micro-controller programming experiences.

I already have the donor car, perfectly running and in an overall good condition with some small age related issues, nothing beyond repair. So I know many of the community will consider me as a lunatic, but I can live with it :)

The things I also already have:
Siemens 1PV5135 motor
Dmoc 645 controller (blank)
Water pump, Heating and AC unit

I'm still haven't decided on the battery yet, but it will be a 80s lithium pack.
I heard I can get a 12V stearing pump, but I have no info on the vacum pump yet.

I'm sure I have to get rid of the factory transmission, and maybe the rear diff as well. And if I can I will do a direct drive conversion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'll be Looking forward to this build. I'll be converting either an e60 or an e90 though I haven't gotten my leaf donor to run yet. Not to be discouraging or anything but with the e32 being a 7 series, is one of the heaviest cars to convert.

Even though it's a fairly older car, I Think its listed as being heavier than the 04-10 BMWs that I'll be converting. We'll need decent batteries for sure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll be Looking forward to this build. I'll be converting either an e60 or an e90 though I haven't gotten my leaf donor to run yet. Not to be discouraging or anything but with the e32 being a 7 series, is one of the heaviest cars to convert.

Even though it's a fairly older car, I Think its listed as being heavier than the 04-10 BMWs that I'll be converting. We'll need decent batteries for sure.
According to the car document it's around 1650kg and I think it included the cng system witch I already removed. The car had a bumpy 30 years, I'm the 7th owner. I love this model, but really hate the 20l/100km consumption in the city.

I was thinking a 30kwh battery pack, and I think it would give me a decent 100km+ range.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts