DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have basic electrical knowledge, familiar with the principles of CNC equipment, familiar with computer hardware
I'd like to be able to charge 95 miles for no more than 8 hours at a time
I want to be able to run at 20-30 mph with electric heating and forced ventilation
I don't know what my project budget is, but I hope to reduce the cost as much as possible
The differential steering track for steering preparation can use the rubber track battery of construction machinery / agricultural machinery. If you need high charging and discharging ratio, you can use the Panasonic 3.7V 50ah 15C cell of 115cny / PCs. the overall dimension is 27mm * 148mm * 91mm. If you need low cost and large capacity, you can use the Ningde era 3.7V 234ah 0.5c charging and discharging cell of 360 / PCs

If you need to use frequency converter, I hope delta or other first-line brand IGBT components are Infineon, etc

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
range 95 miles (kilometers?) 8 hours
20-30 mph(20-30 kph?) with heating and forced ventilation
rubber track and steering from agricultural/ construction equipment
Have you looked at electric tracked vehicles? or Builds Tracked Vehicle - Lotus Tank based off a CV90
later floyd
[/引用]
Would it be better to use two motors to drive the tracks on both sides
range is 95 miles not km
20-30 mph not kph
Although metric units are used in China, I am used to using English units on some occasions
I think this cv90 is relatively rudimentary. I have a certain need for armor (at least it can protect the lithium battery and personnel in the car in case of collision)

·
Registered
206 Posts
[/引用]
range is 95 miles not km
20-30 mph not kph
Although metric units are used in China, I am used to using English units on some occasions
I think this cv90 is relatively rudimentary. I have a certain need for armor (at least it can protect the lithium battery and personnel in the car in case of collision)
95 mile range 20-30 MPH tracked vehicle is going to take a Big battery most diy vehicles use lithium I think the OP of the link I shared had plans on how he was going to protect the batteries and personel of the tracked vehicle.
Later floyd

·
Registered
7,950 Posts
That's the obvious and mechanically simplest design.

Even the builder of the linked tracked vehicle project here, who was absolutely set on a differential and braking one side at a time, later discussed declutching the slower-moving side (which is how traditional bulldozers and the stupid but perhaps relevant Howe & Howe Ripsaw work)... but that's still a system suitable for a single engine output, not an electric vehicle.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have basic electrical knowledge, familiar with the principles of CNC equipment, familiar with computer hardware
I'd like to be able to charge 95 miles for no more than 8 hours at a time
I want to be able to run at 20-30 mph with electric heating and forced ventilation
I don't know what my project budget is, but I hope to reduce the cost as much as possible
The differential steering track for steering preparation can use the rubber track battery of construction machinery / agricultural machinery. If you need high charging and discharging ratio, you can use the Panasonic 3.7V 50ah 15C cell of 115cny / PCs. the overall dimension is 27mm * 148mm * 91mm. If you need low cost and large capacity, you can use the Ningde era 3.7V 234ah 0.5c charging and discharging cell of 360 / PCs

If you need to use frequency converter, I hope delta or other first-line brand IGBT components are Infineon, etc
Where is this being used? Snow for example will use much more energy than driving on a flat hard surface. Large motors are needed along with FOC control for best torque. The cost/expense in using two motors comes down to the steering controls as you wouldn't want that system malfunctioning and sending you to your death.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where is this being used? Snow for example will use much more energy than driving on a flat hard surface. Large motors are needed along with FOC control for best torque. The cost/expense in using two motors comes down to the steering controls as you wouldn't want that system malfunctioning and sending you to your death.
Used in Manchuria, China, used throughout the year, will be used on snow, ice, concrete roads, asphalt roads, and even country roads
Use two motors to be responsible for the tracks on both sides. I think the energy efficiency is better than the mechanical transmission.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
95 mile range 20-30 MPH tracked vehicle is going to take a Big battery most diy vehicles use lithium I think the OP of the link I shared had plans on how he was going to protect the batteries and personel of the tracked vehicle.
Later floyd
Maybe not as good as aluminum alloy armor?
I want to use RHA10-15mm equivalent lightweight armor and use titanium alloy as the key structure of the hull
This is insane if it was successfully built it would probably be similar to the M113APC (of course due to the need to drive on the road I'm going to use plexiglass for the front windshield instead of a single piece of armor with a viewing window)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's the obvious and mechanically simplest design.

Even the builder of the linked tracked vehicle project here, who was absolutely set on a differential and braking one side at a time, later discussed declutching the slower-moving side (which is how traditional bulldozers and the stupid but perhaps relevant Howe & Howe Ripsaw work)... but that's still a system suitable for a single engine output, not an electric vehicle.
I think it would be more energy efficient to do this

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think you need to add a zero...
The only problem is that it may not be legal on the road, but it can still run on the roads inside the factory
If it is made according to the existing indicators, it will definitely exceed the definition of "electric moped" in China, but in fact, it may not be subject to legal sanctions in China.
If sanctioned, it is only 400-4000cny and 15 days of detention (200-2000cny fine for assembly vehicles on the road, 200-2000cny for unlicensed driving, and detention for less than 15 days)

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
You'll both get "impounded" longer than that if they interpret it as a military/terrorist vehicle.

I suppose you could put pedals on it to get a MoPED(aled) classification, though. Titanium ones - to save weight.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You'll both get "impounded" longer than that if they interpret it as a military/terrorist vehicle.

I suppose you could put pedals on it to get a MoPED(aled) classification, though. Titanium ones - to save weight.
The Chinese government seldom designates others as terrorists without having ties to so-called "terrorist organizations"
(Of course, considering some of the dissents I have published, it is possible that I will be sentenced longer for similar charges)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

[/引用]
I didn't think much about relying on accessories to save weight. I wanted to save weight with more rational construction and lighter materials.
And what I'm making itself is APC-like I'd even like to make APC-like interiors (like crew pods and similar seats and aft hatch ceiling hatches) I thought it would be interesting because the largest size I could get The tracks are 280mm*90mm*49 units I think it's hard to get a moped-like classification in China. It's better to try and exploit the loopholes in China's lax law enforcement to get law enforcement officers to identify it as an "electric moped"

·
Registered
7,950 Posts
Use two motors to be responsible for the tracks on both sides. I think the energy efficiency is better than the mechanical transmission.
Yes, separate motors will be more efficient than any steering system based on slipping clutches or dragging brakes. An electrically controlled double differential system (like a typical modern tank, but with electric rather than hydrostatic steering input) would be efficient, but unnecessarily complex.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes, separate motors will be more efficient than any steering system based on slipping clutches or dragging brakes. An electrically controlled double differential system (like a typical modern tank, but with electric rather than hydrostatic steering input) would be efficient, but unnecessarily complex.
And it can be turned in place with dual-flow transmission

1 - 20 of 24 Posts