DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm in a similar position to you. Accidentally bought an MG F 6 months ago when an Ebay auction didn't go very high at all.

I saw the Indra MG TF at Fully Charged this year and it is a very smart conversion. Convinced me that the Leaf motor would work great.

I am just working on some smaller projects first while I get some funds up for the required parts. After working with pouch cells I am very keen to try Leaf modules, feels like they would be far easier to work with.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Definitely with you on the pouch cells. They work fine for my off road quad bike project where the max current draw is about half of their max capacity. But wouldn't trust my fabrication abilities to hook them up for a car.

The nice thing about leaf cells is that it shouldn't be too hard to upgrade to the 48kWh modules once they drop in price.

I'm only on the other side of the Mendips, so would be good to exchange ideas sometime in the new year.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.