DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My brother in law and me are planning to convert a Porsche Boxster 986 (with no motor).

I have been getting information about the "power" part, that is inverter, batteries, etc. so no issues with that (for now).

But what worries me most is the interaction with the existing systems that should keep working (ABS, Airibags, other safety systems, HVAC, etc.), considering that "their" combustion motor is not present.

I am focusing in the electronic part. I expect that I will have to plat with CAN bus in order to get all of them working, but can anyone give me more information regarding that? Specially if those system could work even withouth the combustion motor with no much pain.

Any source of information that could be interesting for our project?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the information.

We are planning to start with this project by the end of this year.

My brother-in-law will be in charge of all the mechanical stuff and have experience in electronic development so I expect to develope my own HW and SW if needed, mainly for CANBus communication and planning to develop a car information TFT display to be installed on the dashboard.

Do you have information regarding the CAN Bus implementation on this Porsche 986?

As far as I can see in your Youtube videos you are now starting with the conversion, so if I can be of any help regarding the electronics, I would be happy to help.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts