DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my own vehicle garage near my home. I am a mechanic by profession and I do all type of mechanic work. I have a team of 5 and we all work together to deliver the vehicles on time.
From quite some time I am planning to buy a hydraulic lift for my garage. I am planning to expand my garage. I am thinking to work on trucks also. So for that, I would be needing lifts in my garage. I was searching for it and yesterday one of my friends suggested a hydraulic lift that looks good. But I don't know much about it.
Can you guys help me with it? Or do you have any better options for lifts?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
6,157 Posts
I have my own vehicle garage near my home. I am a mechanic by profession and I do all type of mechanic work. I have a team of 5 and we all work together to deliver the vehicles on time.
From quite some time I am planning to buy a hydraulic lift for my garage. I am planning to expand my garage. I am thinking to work on trucks also. So for that, I would be needing lifts in my garage. I was searching for it and yesterday one of my friends suggested a hydraulic lift that looks good. But I don't know much about it.
Can you guys help me with it? Or do you have any better options for lifts?

Thanks!
Hi Dallas
I have had a couple of people report this as spam - I'm not sure
Can you please respond with something that is not potential spam

Thanks

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I'm among those that reported it as spam.

You're a mechanic with 5 staff and yet you're asking suggestions from a DIY community something that you should know more about than us, while linking a specific brand in your post, as your first post on a forum, that's unrelated to EVs at all but our community scores high on home automotive search rankings?

My apologies if I'm mistaken but it certainly seems like thinly veiled spam.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
I suppose that it would help if the discussion of lifts made a little more sense. In an automotive garage "lift" would usually mean a vehicle lift, but the link is to a line of hydraulic lift tables. Of course, many lifting devices can be useful in a garage, including a lift table (although that's a relatively rare example).

Can you describe what types of task you're considering a lift table for - or correct the link to the vehicle lift if that's what you meant (although this company doesn't appear to sell vehicle lifts) - to make a sensible discussion possible?

·
Administrator
6,157 Posts
Hi Dallas

One of the big changes in the last few years has been the price of two post car lifts

These have changed from professional tools costing tens of thousands of dollars to the sort of thing anybody can have

Our local import company has brought in a couple of containers of lifts - I have one
The total cost was $2500NZ - including all taxes and delivery

This will lift 4500lbs to my head height

The only thing that is a bit of a pain is the safety ratchet - it works perfectly but by god is it LOUD!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts