I am of course at the beginning stages of converting. My concerns here are, what are the california legalities of converting? Where is there a list of guidelines to follow? The design of the truck seems to be pretty good and I also wanted to use a lid on my bed with solar panels on the lid. I would like the vehicle to be self sustaining but I don't know if that would work.
- I have minor mechanic skills and NO fab skills. I have put together a complex steering system on my boat. So I do have creativity and persistance. I know some great welders/fabricators and mechanics. he/they have shown interest in guideing me through this process.
- I was trying to get 50 - 80 miles at 60/70 mph
- The performance on the EV has to be reliable. I would hope the life of the EV would pay for itself. At least!
- The money is the difficult part. I will probablt need to piece meal this thing together, but my hopes are to commit $6000
- I haven't looked at any parts yet. I have the donor car and I was thinking of parting out the good motor to help pay for startup costs.