DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The world needs real, highway-capable electric cars to replace their gasoline counterparts. The reasons for this are both ecological and economical. It’s an absolute no-brainer. Or is it?

What year is it? Yes, that’s right, it’s 2010. The human race now knows more about ourselves, our surroundings, and the futures of both than in any other point in history. We know what works and what doesn’t when it comes to carbon reduction and efficiency. For better or worse we’re also an inherently greedy species that knows what sells and what doesn’t in order to amass wealth – which is why I’m stumbling to comprehend what General Motors are thinking with their latest trinket. More...

·
Registered
196 Posts

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Am I the only one that notice they seem to be depicting these "things" driving around in places that are normally reserved for walking?(EDIT: ^looks like Jeff already noticed)

As it is, electric assist bicycles are being outlawed from bike trails in some places. In others, you get a ticket for riding on the sidewalk. Where exactly are these vehicles going to be driven?

I can already see myself picking them out of the front grill of my truck.
I could say more but I better not:eek:

·
Admin: 'one of many'
4,838 Posts
It's aimed at the 'lazy' market.

'Why walk when you can simply plug in and let electricity do it for you?'

They will be as common as tv remotes and food mixers one day.:D

They will morph into something like this one day.

·
Registered
320 Posts
It's an electric wheelchair with a box on top and seating for two. Notice the little caster wheels tucked under the front.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
You guys crack me up, but I still want this even though it probably doesn't exist anymore.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts