DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 41 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone!

Our company Hipower has updated some new modules.
There are new 100AH, 200AH, 160AH and 60AH sizes.
We also have former 100AH and 200AH sizes.

Here is the list of our most common lifepo4 battery capacity (AH) and sizes,
It is important that your suggestion would help us so that we can make the decision, can you tell which item you like most?

Following are AH and dimensions:

Terminals / holes:

new module type:
100AH 10mm
160AH 14mm
200AH 14mm
60 AH 6mm

former type:
100AH 8mm
50AH 6mm

Thanks very much for your help!

Best Regards!
Kevin from Hipower

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For 60AH battery size are almost same to thundersky, so it is one more selection for diyers.

For new modules, I have considered BCI group 31, 4-D, 8-D, GC2 and T-105, because it is common in lead acid batteries.

The new module 100/160/200, there are no higher than 9 inch, and they can easliy replace the lead acid, like 100AH for group 31, 200AH for 4-D, 8-D, 160AH for group 31, 4-D, or T-105.

It is needed that LifePO4 battery suitable for common lead acid battery size replace, for more ecnomic and easy acceptable.

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kevin,

can you also publish specs for terminals for new 160AH and 200AH cells? Are they threaded holes or threaded posts? What thread size, hole size, etc?
Also, are all cells listed in your table 3C type cells? ...
From now on Hipower all batteries would have hole on anode and cathode, with a hole people could easily screw the terminals on. all the old size that with no hole would be not produced. --I am in home, so I have no detail size of hole, but I would glad to offer and suggest company add them to specification.

All of those batteries are the power type, at least 3C, for small AH like 40AH, would have 5C. the limit of C-rate mainly depends on heating uping speed of anode/cathode, and the inner heat in cells need to be cooling well.

For warehouse in US now is being pushing by Lili He, My main purpose also is to offer the best common AH and size to her, and she would put that size cells in US as storage. but we are not so sure weather new size are wellcome, like 100AH cells, two sizes, need to be desided.

For replacement of lead acid, we mainly considered the higth, no taller would be OK, batteries still has small size. replacement means if put into group 31, still has not of space rest. because the new module, like 100AH, the energy density would be 150Wh/L.

Best Regards!

Kevin Tang
From Hipower

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I really like what you have done with the new 200Ah cell. Do you have energy density specs for the new list?
Energy density could be easily calculated as total WH / L

For example, 200AH cells is 3.2*200/ (2.55*0.70*2.38) = 150.64849469199447

Voltage multiple with AH, then divide by volume, the new 200 / 160 / 100 AH module are all about 150WH/L

If use Voltage multiple with AH, then divide by weight, would get energy density, as WH / kg

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Kevin,

Any idea when you will have these warehoused in the usa? I need 48 more cells for a force I picked up with dead lead.
Do not worry, I would let all you know if we got it. at this time we are now preparing the new procedure line, which would be much more producing capacity than former. after that finished, we would got storage, and puts on US as warehouse. At this time we have lots of orders so it is hard for storage left, especially like 100AH :(

1 - 8 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.