DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

just came across a new LiFePo4 battery manufacturer in China. They are not selling in the US yet. My friend is thinking about becoming a distributor. I wonder if there is a good demand for something like this:

Prismatic cells capacity ranges similar to CALB or TS. However, performance more like Headway if not better. See below:
• Super fast 6C-12C charging – useful for fast-breaking regen
• Continuous 20C discharge
• 2,000+ cycles at 2C continuous discharge, 1C charge
• ~900 cycles at 7C continuous discharge, 2C charge
• Price: $1.9-2 / Ah

What do you think?

Thanks,
Valery.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
That seem really interesting! Good specs..... but is it true?

How a large prismatic cells (100-200Ah) can dessipate enought heat to be discharge continually at 20C???

Maybe they have an inpedance extremely small... something under 0.0002 ohm???

Can you explain? And give more spec (Wh/kg and Wh/L), type of shape, type of terminal.

G

·
0 Posts
IMHO, those specs are terrible. The 7C life is only 900 cycles. So the 20C life is 300 cycles?

I'm not following you on how they are better than Headways.
Ease of use, long life under normal driving, Quick change if a cell goes south, Excellent for racing and needing to do quick changes to keep racing while charging. Less connections to deal with.

How often are you truly going to be running at 7C let alone 20C. Even in a racing application and runs of 20C all the time they will still last a very long time. On the street you may see a few runs between lights to show off but at least you know you have it available to use when needed. Good for combo street/strip guys too. Still will get decent life.

I'd like more information but it sounds good to me. Cooling may be a problem but like I said. I really doubt you'd run your vehicle at 7C for long. I see little need for major cooling but you should consider a package for the cells that will help allow for better cooling than you get with the TS or Calb.

Pete :)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I think there would be interest. I like the thought of hooking up 80 batteries rather than 800 little cells. 20C continuous for a large cells would be very good -- how much are cells in small quantities to test?
Hi Guys,

just came across a new LiFePo4 battery manufacturer in China. They are not selling in the US yet. My friend is thinking about becoming a distributor. I wonder if there is a good demand for something like this:

Prismatic cells capacity ranges similar to CALB or TS. However, performance more like Headway if not better. See below:
• Super fast 6C-12C charging – useful for fast-breaking regen
• Continuous 20C discharge
• 2,000+ cycles at 2C continuous discharge, 1C charge
• ~900 cycles at 7C continuous discharge, 2C charge
• Price: $1.9-2 / Ah

What do you think?

Thanks,
Valery.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Is the convenience of fewer connections worth paying 50% more than Headways ?

Last I heard, Headways in qty direct from China were $1.30/ah, right ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts