DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Brand new to the forum, so treat me gentle if I'm talking rubbish :), has anyone tried doing away with the batteries altogether, and putting in a Pulse / Asynchronous / Magnetic / Axial Flux motor (charger) instead? plenty of stuff on you tube about it, but you'll need to engage the BS filter, as i think most of it is rubbish, but if only a couple of videos are true, then it would be worth investigating.

My thinking is that it might not fully run a vehicle or top up the batteries, but it would certainly add a few miles.

BTW, found a good site for info on building vehicles (i'm not associated with it in any way) http://www.pdf4me.net/ Did a search for "building electric car" got quite a few hits inc one on whitehouse.gov about battery production in the US

Cheers

Chad

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hi,

Brand new to the forum, so treat me gentle if I'm talking rubbish :), has anyone tried doing away with the batteries altogether, and putting in a Pulse / Asynchronous / Magnetic / Axial Flux motor (charger) instead? plenty of stuff on you tube about it, but you'll need to engage the BS filter, as i think most of it is rubbish, but if only a couple of videos are true, then it would be worth investigating.

My thinking is that it might not fully run a vehicle or top up the batteries, but it would certainly add a few miles.

BTW, found a good site for info on building vehicles (i'm not associated with it in any way) http://www.pdf4me.net/ Did a search for "building electric car" got quite a few hits inc one on whitehouse.gov about battery production in the US - I'm in the UK, so doesn't have much interest to me

Cheers

Chad
You need to move this to the perpetual motion - over-unity thread before your ass spontaneously com-busts. Seriously - check out that thread. It's a sticky. Remember - there is no free lunch!

Later,
Keith

·
Registered
367 Posts
Cheers guys, I'll go check out the other thread, and get ready to pay for lunch

Many thanks

Chad
Thanks man! I'll take a Rueben - lots of mustard. And I forgot to welcome you in my first retort.:eek:

Welcome! Enjoy your time here - there truly is a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

Later,
Keith

1 - 5 of 5 Posts